Study Inn has an exciting opportunity for a Centre Manager to join our team based in Cambridge City Centre. You will be on a full time permanent contract, with a highly competitive salary of circa £25,000 per annum.
Study Inn provides student accommodation combining the security, quality and comfort of a luxury Hotel, with the fun and vibrancy of a University halls of residence. With over 60 years development and operational experience originating from a Hotel background, the opportunity to accommodate a niche market combining the luxury of a hotel with student halls of residence. Study Inn originated in Coventry in 2009 with the objective of creating the best quality serviced student housing available in the UK. Between 2009 and 2013 the Study Inn brand expanded opening three more centres in the heart of Coventry and new centres in Nottingham and Sheffield. Our continued expansion has gained the Study Inn brand a National and International reputation. We are also opening a brand new Centre in Cambridge for September 2016 new academic year and have many more to come. Offering an all-inclusive accommodation package, residents benefit from high quality student living including en-suite, fully fitted studios, including kitchen and appliances, to shared serviced living consisting of a luxury living room and dining area complete with fully fitted kitchen surrounded by 7 en-suite bedrooms.
Our Ideal Centre Manager:
Our ideal Centre Manager candidate will come from a 4 or 5 star hotel background with experience from either rooms division, front office manager or head housekeeper. Experience within the student accommodation sector is not essential but would be an advantage. You will have a real passion for delivering team training as well as maintaining extremely high standards. Your core responsibility will be to ensure the smooth day to day running of the centre whilst delivering the best in customer service and student satisfaction. This role is full time, 40hrs per week working Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm however due to business surges there may be a requirement to work overtime & weekends.
Your responsibilities as our Centre Manager:
- Delivering exceptional customer service to our students
- Managing a team including directly reporting assistant managers, housekeepers, maintenance assistants and security team to service and maintain our accommodation
- Preparing and delivering team meetings
- Carrying out room checks to ensure our accommodation is to an exceptional standard
- Have regard for student welfare and if necessary liaise with the appropriate welfare professionals
- Troubleshooting problems and emergency situations as they arise
- You will be an excellent communicator and will maintain strong working relationships with managers, colleagues and customers.
- Supporting the management & compliance of the centre in accordance with ANUK National Code of standards
- Be responsible for the management of Health & Safety within your centre and your team, students and visitors
To become our new Centre Manager you will need:
- Excellent customer service skills both face to face, Telephone & Email
- Proven IT skills knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong organisational and clear communication skills
- Ability to multi task and deal with customer and team requests
- Ability to manage teams of people
- Fluent in another language (not essential, but would be an advantage)
- Experience of a Manager or Assistant Manager role within an accommodation background, ideally hotels, rooms division manager, front office manager or head housekeeper
- All candidates must provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK to be considered
Benefits of working for Study Inn Include:
- 28 days annual leave
- Bonus Holiday for midweek birthdays
- Employee assistance programme
- Competitive Salaries
- Annual Salary Reviews
- Annual Bonus Scheme of up to £1600
- Free access to on site Gym facilities
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Centre Manager then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!