Buyer/Stock Control Manager
Our company is looking for a Buyer or Purchasing team leader dependent on skill level.
Our purchasing team buy a range of products for our organization supporting our sales team, working to get the best deal on quality and price. Dealing with UK, Europe & Chinese markets. To do so, they review sales records and inventory, research suppliers and keep abreast of the trends/ seasons affecting the supply and demand of the products required.
- Send out enquiries for appropriate stock, collate and analyse quotations, place orders with suitable suppliers ensuring goods are delivered on the required date and purchased at the most competitive rates and within budget.
- Ensure quality and performance of stock are in line with required standards.
- Consolidate purchases of material to achieve maximum economic benefit.
- Review and appoint new/potential suppliers.
- Source special orders
- Study and analyse markets to make savings without detracting from quality requirements.
- Encourage and develop wherever feasible negotiated agreements with suppliers and manufacturers.
- Chase deliveries from suppliers that are overdue or urgent
- Liaise with all relevant colleagues with relation to new products, technical problems, new suppliers and general queries.
- Inform other departments of all relevant information regarding changes in materials, major price movements, delivery lead times and individual supply situations.
- Action invoices while monitoring for error’s and accuracy
- Sage 200 (Not essential training will be given)
- Organization and future planning
- Work management and prioritizing skills
- Verbal, Visual and written communication skills
- Problem solving
- Attention/ Accuracy to detail
- Work in a team, and individually