Internet Support Engineer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Internet Support Engineer to join a leading Datacentre and Telecoms Service Provider in Leeds.
Working as an integral part of the technical team at our Leeds datacentre, the primary responsibilities of our Internet Support Engineers include:
• Supporting existing clients via ticket systems, phone and email.
• Installation and maintenance of servers (OS/HW).
• Network configuration (various Soho equipment and Cisco).
• Network monitoring and alert response.
• VoIP configuration.
What you’ll need
• Previous significant (within a year or more) commercial / production / live experience of IT Systems/Support.
• Vlans, static and dynamic routing.
• Enterprise Cisco, including Cisco ASA, 18/19/28/29 series routers, 29/35/37/65 series switches.
• Voice over IP (CPE to core).
• ADSL / SDSL / EFM / Leased Lines.
• Email (Anti-Spam/Relay).
• Web hosting/control panels.
• Knowledge of one or more server operating systems (Windows, Linux etc).
• General PC/Server hardware knowledge (swapping drives, PSUs, memory).
• Understanding of common protocols (FTP, HTTP, SMTP).
• TCP/IP (and essential tools - traceroute, ICMP etc).
CCS Leeds helps business owners establish their presence on the Internet. Our UK data centre is located in Leeds, West Yorkshire. CCS Leeds has been an internet service provider since February 1998 and has seen a structured growth year on year since then. As technology has developed and advanced so have we, meaning that we are always one step ahead of the game and can always provide the very best of the latest technology to benefit our clients.
In return you can expect to receive a competitive salary of up to £25k (experience dependent) and benefits to include: company phone, broadband, training and a friendly working environment. CCS Leeds is also proud to support technical staff who wish to pursue and maintain industry recognised certifications.
So if you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity click ‘apply’. You will receive an email shortly after your application which you will need to read.
No agencies please. You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Suitable skills/experience: IT Support Engineer, CCNA/CCNP, SME, Cisco, ADSL, SDSL, EFM, IT, Vlans, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, TCP/IP, Systems Support, Windows, Linux,