IT Team Lead
IT Team Lead required to join a growing manufacturing organisation in Aberdeen.
Based in Aberdeen, they are a manufacturing company who provide products, largely for the oil and gas sector. They have been around for over 30 years and have seen stark growth in the past 3 years. This is a newly created position down to growth and opportunity, with expansion plans continuing. They are around 180 individuals globally at the moment, up from 140 a few years ago.
The organisation is headquartered in Aberdeen, however have sites in North America, one of which is newly opened. The central functions are based out of Aberdeen, including IT, where the team sits. This role will report into the General Manager and will work closely alongside the current Supply Chain Manager.
Based out of Bridge of Don, this is a hybrid role, with a strong in-office presence required. You will be required to be in office largely 4 days a week, with some flexibility on that. Due to the nature of the role, the team are largely in the office.
A newly created role for the company, you will be taking over responsibilities from the Supply Chain Manager, who currently has IT responsibilities. This is an IT Team Lead role, and not really a manager position. Although you will have line management responsibilities for 2 IT individuals, they are both very self-sufficient and don't need a lot of handholding. This role requires more of the technical IT knowledge.
You will be responsible for the IT Infrastructure of the business, aiming to run a seamless IT estate. You will help to shape and implement the IT strategy and will also help to develop the growing business. You will have responsibilities for Infrastructure Management, Security and Compliance and Vendor management, to name a few. On top of this, the company are currently implementing SharePoint, so an ability and knowledge in Microsoft would be handy.
Additionally, having an understanding of a manufacturing ERP system would be very beneficial. The client use Epicor, however anything from IFS, JD Edwards, Microsoft Dynamics etc would be great. This is an added bonus. Strong stakeholder management skills are essential also as you will be advising the global community on all aspects of IT and will be delivering reports to the General Manager as well as the Director of the business.
Key Skills and Experience:
* Ability to manage/mentor a small IT team - possibly someone who is keen to step up in this capacity
* Strong Infrastructure Management experience - overseeing the design, implementation and management of IT infrastructure (hands-on knowledge)
* Ability to implement Cybersecurity measures, ensuring compliance to strict industry standards
* Vendor management - cultivate and manage relationships with third-party IT vendors
* Ability to manage the IT budget
* IT Support - provide leadership in user support services
* Work with IT and business leaders to develop overall applications roadmap in the context of the business strategy
* ERP knowledge - Epicor, IFS, JDE, Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle EBS, etc (beneficial)
* SharePoint or similar Microsoft knowledge (beneficial)
This is a very pivotal role where you will have a lot of opportunity to make your mark within a busy environment. There is ample opportunity for development and growth, both from a training perspective as well as career growth.
If this sounds like you, please apply straight away, or call Hamish at Cathcart technology for an informal chat.