Trainee Service Technician
Trainee Service Technician
Castle Donington, Derby
Are you ready to start your career with a company that places both its employees and customers at the heart of everything we do? If you're a motivated, customer-focused individual with a clean driving licence and a can-do attitude, we want to hear from you.
You’ll fit in well with us at Medstrom, where we have disrupted the market by providing proven and well-evidenced products and services to our busy customers, helping to make a real difference to both their workload and crucially their patients’ outcomes.
Established in 2010, Medstrom has grown substantially by being patient focused to become the organisation we are today, whilst maintaining an open culture and ethos. In 2022, Medstrom became an Employee Ownership Trust (EOT), unlike any other company in the industry. This allows each employee to have a vested interest in the company, where we can all contribute to, and share in, the company’s success.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Trainee Service Technician to join us, based from our Logistics centre in Castle Donington and help provide high-quality products to customers.
Through this role, you will directly contribute to providing better outcomes for patients and their caregivers when it matters most, making a real difference to them through your focus and drive.
- Competitive basic salary of £22,500 with an estimated potential earning of approx. £25,000 if you choose to do on-call
- On-call rotation available with additional payments
- Contributory pension scheme
- 33 days’ annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Discounts and cashback on shopping, supermarkets, and holidays as part of our rewards scheme along with other wellbeing benefits
- Salary sacrifice schemes including Cycle to Work
- Full Induction with great training and support from dedicated team members
- Receive a treat on your birthday
- Be a part of an Employee Ownership Trust (EOT) and the associated benefits of having a stake in the company
As a Trainee Service Technician, you will ensure an effective and timely delivery and maintenance service to our customers. After training, this will include the delivery and set up of products for patients, within agreed delivery times, repair and proactive maintenance of products and support at delivery stage to customers in various clinical environments.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Deliver clean, ready-to-use, products to customer sites
- Collect products after use and return to the service centre location
- Disinfect, function check, repair and electrical safety test products - full training will be given
- Complete records of testing, delivery and collection within our computerised system
- Maintain available product stock and spare parts inventory
- Complete product modifications when required
- Provide product demonstrations and basic training to staff
- Maintain a clean and tidy work environment
Hours of work: 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday, hours will be flexible depending on business needs.
You can also choose to participate in an out-of-hours on-call rota (once trained) to support the team and the customer (not compulsory). This is subject to an on-call payment and additional payment for hours worked.
To join us as a Trainee Service Technician, ideally you will need to have or be willing to develop the following skills:
- Mechanical or electrical interest/ experience desirable, but not essential as full training will be provided
- Full, valid UK driving licence required (we use long wheelbase vans, but training and support to build confidence in manoeuvring these vehicles will be provided where required)
- A proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude, keen and enthusiastic
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to communicate effectively
- The ability to work under your initiative, and follow procedures to achieve deadlines
- Basic knowledge of hygiene and safety rules desirable
- Basic PC skills to include email and MS Office
- DBS-checked (or the willingness to complete one)
In addition to the salary and related benefits, you will join a company that has grown extensively within the last 5 years and through our unique ownership model is continuing to grow, whilst offering great career opportunities for those that are keen to progress.
Webrecruit and Medstrom are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.