IT Support Specialist
Robert Half have partnered on an exclusive basis with an established entertainment/media retailer in the Nottingham area to recruit an IT Support Specialist on a permanent basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direct support to employees on all technologies in use and supported by the Information Technology department. Candidate must always maintain a professional and helpful demeanor with customers.
- Use systems designated by department management to track user requests for assistance. Follow specified procedures on the use of said system. Monitor the Helpdesk Ticket queue and fulfil requests in a timely and courteous manner.
- Coordinate with vendors as appropriate on the resolution of problems. Maintain contact log of vendor contracts in accordance with specified procedures.
- Coordinate with other IT staff members as appropriate for the resolution of problems. Proactively seek assistance from other staff members as required to quickly resolve customer problems.
- Observe company guidelines regarding copying of software and advise department management when any illegal use of software is discovered.
- Deliver, pick up, and/or ship equipment to repair vendors as required. Track such activities in accordance with department guidelines.
- Notify department management in writing when any equipment is relocated within the company, including serial numbers, original location of equipment and new location of equipment.
- Promptly advise department management of any situation that will cause a substantial delay in the resolution of a user's problem.
- Manage user and systems accounts in Windows Server, SQL 2016, Warehouse Management system, and Sage 300.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of IT equipment (Asset Tagging) and maintain documentation of systems and software configuration.
- Ability to provide end user training or desktop packages such as Office 365 and Windows 10.
- Must use good judgment in making changes to critical business systems to resolve business impacting outages.
- Previous experience in a dedicated IT Support role providing 2nd Line Support
- Demonstrated experience with Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP
- Experience with networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (eg, intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Experience working with Avaya or similar IP based phone systems.
- Experience with helpdesk tools and ticket routing
- Experience supporting enterprise resource planning systems (SAP, Oracle, Sage, or MS Dynamics).
- Excellent organizational, time-management and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a changing and creative environment.
- GBP32,000 - GBP35,000 + additional benefits
- This position requires the successful candidate to be part of an on call rota - on call allowance provided.
- This role is to be based on site
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Rates of pay and salary ranges are dependent upon your experience, qualifications and training. If you wish to apply, please read our Privacy Notice describing how we may process, disclose and store your personal data:
Security alert: scammers are currently targeting jobseekers. Robert Half do not ask candidates for a fee or request candidates to send applications through instant messaging services such as WhatsApp or Telegram. Learn how to protect yourself by visiting our website: