The Hartshorne Group is one of the leading commercial vehicle distributors for the West Midlands, East Midlands, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Shropshire and Staffordshire. We provide full parts & service facilities for Volvo Truck & Bus as well as new and used sales, plus a diverse range of associated services.
Training and development is at the forefront of our organisation in supporting individuals achieve their career objectives, as well as supporting the growth of the company. With this in mind, we are looking to recruit a Technical Trainer to cover the Hartshorne depots, predominantly based at our Burton training facility.
To develop and deliver a high standard of technical training to our productive staff and apprentices, whilst promoting competence development.
• Deliver technical training courses in line with the annual technical training plan.
• Assist the Training Manager in consolidating the training and development requirements from individual appraisals (PDP s) to produce a group training plan.
• To assist, mentor, coach and get alongside depot managers to help prioritise training requirements.
• Ensure all training is of a high quality standard and delivered in professional manner.
• Ensure all learning and development activities are in line with the organisations strategy.
• Support the HGV technician apprentice programme in the delivering of our internal programme.
The successful individual must have, or be willing to work towards, a Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (or equivalent).
Applicants should be highly organised, engaging, an outstanding communicator and be passionate about delivering training. The ideal candidate would have a strong technical background, and be adaptable and commercially aware. A full UK driving licence (ideally HGV Class 1) and the ability to travel regularly with overnight stays are also a requirement.
Our remuneration package includes a company car, contributory company pension, healthcare cash plan, access to company promoted saving platform, laptop, mobile; which reflects our desire to attract the right individual.