Job Title: Sub Assembler
Duration:3+ month contract
We are currently recruiting for a Sub Assembler for a 3-month contract based in Barton-under-Needwood.
- Disassembly and reassembly of diesel engine components.
- Rotate through multiple stations to ensure maximum alertness and preparation.
- Familiarize yourself with the tools, instrumentation and calibration equipment.
- The ability to plan individual work to minimise waste as well as working in a clean and tidy manner.
- To read and assess production information for required specification details; working in an organised manner to ensure the task is completed efficiently, to the correct rail industry standard and within the necessary time frame.
- Achieve production targets.
- Double-check connections to ensure they match and record any discrepancies in assembly log.
- Work to and support all relevant 5S activities.
- To mentor trainees / apprentices when applicable.
- Report any near misses
- Ensure that waste is disposed of in the correct manner.
- Report any issues or problems with jobs to the line manager.
- Take on any other reasonable responsibilities or tasks that are within the employee's skills and abilities.
Comply with Company and statutory Quality, Health & Safety, Environmental and Personnel policies and procedures.
Recognised Mechanical Engineering qualification or equivalent NVQ Level 3.
Previous experience in rail or automotive industry.
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business. You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website.