HGV Technician - Dover
We are currently recruiting for a skilled HGV Technician to join our Dover team. You would join a well-known established company who specialise in providing solutions for Ecological Transformation.
Are you ready for a career that offers excitement and variety every day? Look no further than this highly established company, where you can join our team as a HGV Technician. With over 100 types of vehicles in our fleet, you'll never be bored. Your role is pivotal in ensuring that we can continue to deliver our exceptional service across the UK. Don't miss out on this opportunity to make a real impact and advance your career. Apply now and join our team of skilled professionals.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Day-to-day service and repair of Heavy Goods Vehicles and plant.
- Attend roadside breakdowns.
- Run diagnostics on vehicles using a range of equipment.
- Report any unsafe acts, hazards, defective equipment to your supervisor and maintain a safe working environment at all times.
- Complete any training required and work within Health & Safety regulations.
- Carry out routine vehicle inspections, routine maintenance, fault finding and repairs to ensure our fleet remains safe.
- Complete technical training when required
- Complete job cards and associated paperwork in a timely manner.
- Provide industry-leading customer service to all internal and external customers, ensure
- all necessary paperwork is completed and Carry out HGV MOT inspections and
Skills and Experience:
- City & Guilds, or NVQ Level 2 or 3 HGV mechanical engineering or equivalent engineering. Qualification would be desirable
- LGV licence is Desirable (opportunities for training/ Licence qualifications available in future)
- Possess personal basic engineering tool kit (Air gun, Spanners, Sockets, Screwdrivers).
- Proven experience of working on HGV vehicles.
- Hold a clean UK driving licence.
- The ability to work under pressure, actively seek solutions to problems and having the flexibility to undertake a wide range of tasks are all key attributes.
What they offer:
- 25 days of annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
- Access to our people's pension scheme
- Refer an Engineer to us once you've joined and earn 1000
- Free physiotherapy service
- Discounts on everything from groceries to well known retailers
- Access to a range of resources to support your physical, mental and financial health; so you can lean on us whenever you need to
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, allowing you to reach your full potential.
Hours: 40 hours per week Monday - Friday - (overtime available as and when required which may
include weekends and Bank Holidays)
Salary: 38k - 42k - you will be eligible for a sign-on and retention bonus of 3,000
If interested please apply now.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.