Accountant - internal finance team
A well-established regional accountancy practice with a smart, modern office based in Leicester seek an Internal Accountant on a fixed-term 10-month contract.
Experience within an accountancy practice is not required.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, this maternity cover contract is crucial in supporting positive cash-flow as well as preparing insightful management accounts such as KPI's and forecasts to aid future commercial business decisions.
The Internal Accountant will oversee the transactional finance processes including both Purchase Ledger & Sales Ledger, playing a significant role in identifying efficiencies and implementing improvements in procedures.
This opportunity provides the prospect of having a positive influence in a highly respected finance team, challenging the status quo, and embracing new ways of working. The close-knit team have created a great working atmosphere in what is a fun place to work and learn.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including KPI's, forecasts and cash-flow
- Present insightful finding and recommendations to the Finance Director
- Aid in the production of annual budgets and strategic plans
- Oversee transactional finance, processing Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger
- Bank reconciliations, credit control, invoicing and banking
- Support in the production and submission of statutory financial accounts
- Identifying and implementing improvements in processes and procedures
- Process monthly payroll (70+ employees)
What we are looking for:
- Qualified or finalist accountant, ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent, or QBE as a Company Accountant, Management Accountant or Financial Accountant
- Have business acumen, keen analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritise workloads to meet a range of deadlines
- Strong IT competencies and knowledge of accounting systems such as QuickBooks, Xero or Sage are beneficial but not essential
- Technically strong and have a working application of UK GAAP
What's on offer:
- Salary up to 32,000 pro rata
- 37.5 hours per week
- A full & comprehensive benefits package
- Free onsite car parking
Register your interest by applying today or call Richard or Luke on (phone number removed) to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/(phone number removed) - Internal Accountant