Health & Safety Manager
Role -Health & Safety Manager- 9 Month FTC (Maternity Cover)Location- DerbySalary- Up to GBP46kYour role as a Health and Safety Manager:Would you like to work at a new custom built state of the art facility? Would you like to work for a world leader in the food industry?This is an incredible opportunity to work for a highly recognised client in their new facility in Derby. The role is a fixed term contract for an initial 9 months cover. Although the role is a FTC, you will still receive all permanent benefits including training and development opportunities.You will be based a brand new distribution centre in Derby. You will be providing advice and support to managers and employees, as well as supporting H and S improvements and initiatives to ensure a safe and healthy work environment across operations. You will directly manage one H&S lead and the role purpose is to maintain a safe working environment, minimise risks, and promote a culture of safety across the organisation.Your duties and responsibilities as a Health & Safety Manager:
- Keep up to date with new HSE legislation and industry best practice
- Work with the Head of H and S to support the UK Operations teams in implementing the Health & Safety Management System
- Support the UK Operations teams in delivering task and area risk assessments when and as required.
- Support the development of risk reduction and management strategies
- Work with the Head of H&S on the delivery of ergonomic risk assessments across UK Operations
- Implement and manage a program of regular safety audits and inspections to assess the effectiveness of safety arrangements.
- Collaborate with relevant departments to address any identified deficiencies promptly
- Ensure the development and review of a site emergency response plan for various scenarios, such as fires, and chemical leaks/spills.
- Ensure regular scenario based drills to ensure colleagues are prepared to respond effectively to emergencies
- Participate in or lead investigations where necessary into accidents and incidents identifying corrective action, preventative actions and causation factors, ensuring the site incident log is up to date and addressing any actions that have been assigned to Managers in a timely fashion.
- Work closely with management to support employees who have experienced workplace injuries or illness
- Evaluate the safety performance of external contractors and suppliers, ensuring they meet the necessary safety standards
- Provide documented monthly performance management reports to the Head of Health and Safety
We are looking for the following skills and qualifications to be successful as a H&S Manager:
- NEBOSH National General Certificate or equivalent
- Experience in a warehouse / food manufacturing / logistics environment
- Previous experience working in a Health and Safety management role
- Proficient with Microsoft office (Word / Excel / PowerPoint)
- In depth knowledge of health and safety regulations and best practices applicable to warehouse / food manufacturing / logistics environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, suppliers, and stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify hazards and develop effective safety solutions
- Ability to drive a culture of health and safety, and compliance
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to inspire and influence others to prioritise safety
- Ideally proficient in G-Suite Software
- Knowledge of ISO45001 and world class manufacturing (safety) standards and tools would be great to have
If you would like to discuss this Health and Safety Manager role further please contact Jade Whitmore on /