Graham & Brown has gone from being a wallpaper manufacturer to an interior lifestyle brand driven by high quality products and exceptional customer experience and marketing. An opportunity has arisen for a creative Marketing Assistant to join our team in Blackburn. You will join us on a full-time, contract basis for 12 months to cover Maternity Leave and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of GBP21,988 - GBP23,145 per annum, plus a great range of benefits.
Graham & Brown has had design and colour at the heart of our business for over 75 years. With leading brands across the market from the Graham & Brown brand itself to household names like Superfresco Easy and licenses such as Laura Ashley, Joules, Cath Kidston to name but a few, our offer stretches across products from wallpaper, paint, fabric, curtains, blinds, bed linen and wall art. Our business is built on leading-edge design, across our international businesses and markets, and we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We have been recognised as a "Cool Brand" on seven successive occasions. As a 3rd generation, family run business, we have the luxury of freedom to implement fresh ideas and to form great working relationships with all our colleagues across the business. We are proudly a carbon neutral business with a real commitment to sustainability.
We offer a range of excellent benefits, including:
- Flexible working
- 32 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Birthday day off
- Generous staff discount on all Graham & Brown products, up to 60%
- Access to colleague discount portal
- Generous pension, totalling 10%
- Life Assurance
- Free parking
- Use of company pool cars for company business
- Regular Company social events, brought to us by our very own Fun Squad!
As our Marketing Assistant, you will support the Senior Brand Manager and the wider marketing team to meet their objectives and provide marketing and product management support to the Core and Direct Sales Teams.
Your responsibilities as our Marketing Assistant will include:
- Keeping the Brand rooms up to date with live product information
- Completing administrative duties within the Marketing team
- Supporting the Direct Sales area of the business by ensuring new launches have all relevant digital assets prior to launch
- Supporting the Core Sales Team with customer visits and range support
- Creating graphics using Photoshop and/Illustrator for the website, international divisions, brand rooms, exhibitions and social media.
- Undertaking Market research and Gap Analysis
- Ensuring that the correct stock is available and shipped in a timely manner for exhibitions, instore events, etc
- Creating sales boards to be presented internally and externally for product pitches
- On occasions, it will be required to create simple product packaging designs for production therefore a creative background is essential
What we are looking for in our Marketing Assistant:
- Ideally, educated to 'A' Level or equivalent
- An interest in a career in Marketing
- A clean driving licence with the ability to travel on occasion
- Very well organised
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to take instruction well
- A quick learner
- Competence to work on own initiative
- The ability to get things done with little authority
- The ability to build strong relationships
- PC literacy - MS Office, Photoshop, Web
- Creativity and excellent presentation standards (e.g. making boards for presenting to a high standard is required)
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for, click 'Apply' now to be considered our Marketing Assistant; we'd love to hear from you!