Sales Assistant - Flexible hours
Come and join us as a results driven Sales Assistant on a flexible hours basis to deliver sales and exceed customer expectations as part of a hugely successful branch team.The role:
As a Sales Assistant, you'll be committed to delivering an outstanding level of service, and you'll be professional, driven and enthusiastic. The Sales Assistant role is customer facing, providing the best service on our trade counter and over the phone, maximising sales at every opportunity. You'll naturally promote and embrace our inclusive team environment and we're sure you'll have some fun along the way!
You will be contracted to a set number of minimum hours a week but have the opportunity to work up to 44.5 hours a week to cover peak trading hours, holidays and meet buisness needs. We know that work shouldn't get in the way of life, so hours and shifts will be agreed with you 4 weeks in advance so that you know exactly what you are doing and when!Key Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manager with achieving and exceeding sales targets at optimum margins.
- Ensuring we maintain high standards, creating and maintaining a loyal customer base and providing a first class service.
- Assisting with the general duties within the branch such as serving customers on the trade counter, telesales and ensuring the housekeeping standards are maintained both on the trade counter and warehousing.
- You may be required to take on general driving duties when required.
As a Sales Assistant, you'll enjoy working within a team and have a dedicated focus on driving results, whilst being committed to acting with integrity and honesty in everything you do. You'll be flexible with working hours and able to work up to 44.5 hours a week. Ideally you'll have previous experience of selling or assisting customers with purchases.Us:
From boilers to bathroom suites, tubing to towel rails and everything in between, City Plumbing has all the products our customers need to complete the job. And we have all you need to build a successful career! We're proud of our reputation for selling quality plumbing and heating products to both trade and retail customers and we're super excited about our future. We put our colleagues at the heart of all we do, giving them all the tools they need to be successful, happy and feel rewarded in their career with us.Benefits Package and Cultural Environment:
- Discounts, savings and cash back at numerous retailers
- Life assurance
- Extended family policy including maternity, paternity, additional annual leave and more
- Mental Health First Aiders and Employee Assistance Programme, we look out for each other
- Complete induction and a company that lets you grow and encourages development
- Financial education and loans
- Flexible working options
- A business striving to create an environment of inclusion so everyone can be their true self
- And more!
We're passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that celebrates and values diversity. Bring your whole self to work regardless of age, disability, gender identity or reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We don't want you to 'fit' our culture, we want you to enrich it.
We are committed to best practices in recruitment and undertake Basic Criminal Record Disclosures for candidates that are offered employment within our branches that undertake deliveries for British Gas. This check will only be undertaken after the acceptance of an offer of employment.