Van Driver (Including Sales)
VAN DRIVER (Including Sales)
Location - Ipswich, IP9 2JZ
Annual Salary - 24,000
Shift Pattern - Monday - Friday
Shift Times - 08:00 - 17:00
Working Hours - 40 hours
About the Company:
Manpower is hiring a permanent van driver for our fantastic client, offering brand new facilities, kit, and a chance to be a part of a growing company making a difference!
Our client believes that yesterday's cooking oils should become tomorrow's energy and that business waste can be recycled into green energy to power festivals or simply help to support our National Grid.
Through pioneering technology, they are able to recover a waste product that previously went down the drain and turn it into a source of income for your business, while keeping your kitchen and waterways clean and efficient.
The primary responsibility of a Van Driver is to transport used cooking oil from one location to another in a safe and efficient manner. The driver must ensure that the load is properly loaded, secured, and unloaded at the destination.
They must also be knowledgeable about the routes they take and have excellent driving skills to navigate through traffic, varying weather conditions and road hazards.
Initially, due to the nature of the sites being new to the area and not at full capacity, the Driver will take an active role in assisting the generation of new business.
As part of this role you will also be required to promote the business by handing out leaflets, introducing the company to new customers, quoting prices and supporting telesales for follow up calls.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Pre-trip inspection of the vehicle to ensure that it is in proper working order and complies with safety regulations.
- Delivering fresh oil to the catering / restaurant trade as well as collecting used cooking oil.
- Safely Loading and unloading of cargo and ensuring it is secured according to safety regulations.
- Driving the commercial vehicle in a safe and efficient manner, while adhering to traffic laws and regulations.
- Communicating with dispatch and customers to provide updates on delivery times and any issues that arise during transport.
- Build and maintain good relationships with customers and prospective customers, assisting with sales efforts when required.
- Maintaining accurate records of mileage, fuel consumption, and any issues that occur during transport.
- Regular maintenance of the vehicle to ensure it remains in proper working order, and reporting any mechanical issues to the appropriate personnel.
- Adhering to all safety regulations and procedures while operating the commercial vehicle.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
To be successful as a Van Driver, you must be able to demonstrate:
- A Driving license and a clean driving record.
- Experience of Driving a Van's in the UK with exceptional knowledge of UK roadways, laws, and regulations.
- Upon completion of probation period and vacancy requirements a willingness to train towards 7.5t license.
- Excellent Communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with the Transport Office, customers, and other drivers on the road.
- Be professional in their demeanour, appearance and conduct with a strong focus on customer service.
- Awareness of safety regulations relating to driving a vehicle and health and safety in the workplace.
- Ability to problem solve and be able to demonstrate examples as to when they have handled unexpected situations.
- You should have a strong work ethic, be reliable and flexible in your schedule, as the job may require you to work long hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Free on-site Parking
On-site kitchen facilities
Full Training provided
Join the team and make a difference together!