Legacy Strategies are looking for a Sustainability Specialist to work with their Construction client!
Full Time Permanent Hybrid
Salary: GBP41,745 - GBP56,465 (Dependent on experience)
The ideal candidate can be either Birmingham or London based
As Sustainability Specialist, you will have responsibility for developing the company s sustainability assessment strategy (primarily BREEAM Buildings and BREEAM Infrastructure (formerly CEEQUAL . This includes setting targets and requirements and embedding them into contracts. The post holder will also be the company s primary contact for liaison with the Building Research Establishment.
Sustainability Specilist Accountabilities
- Develop and support the development of the sustainability assessment strategy for stations, depots, other railway buildings and infrastructure works, including setting targets and other requirements.
- Undertake BREEAM Buildings and BREEAM Infrastructure (formerly CEEQUAL) pre-assessments as and when required.
- Develop and maintain BREEAM Buildings and BREEAM Infrastructure Technical Standards to ensure these are well suited for all phases of the project.
- Act as the sustainability champion and Infrastructure Projects Assessor (formerly CEEQUAL Assessor) for the entire project to ensure that the BREEAM Buildings and BREEAM Infrastructure performance targets are on track and are and embedded into the contracts.
- Work closely with the delivery teams to ensure that the BREEAM Buildings and BREEAM Infrastructure requirements are implemented.
- Review and assure BREEAM Buildings and BREEAM Infrastructure pre-assessment reports, performance reports, and other relevant documentation from the BREEAM assessors or contractors
- Build professional relationships externally e.g., with the Building Research Establishment on development or updating of bespoke criteria for BREEAM Buildings and BREEAM Infrastructure queries for the project.
- Develop networks internally to ensure that Sustainability is embedded across the company.
- Provide technical advice and solutions to various internal teams on sustainable design practices
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of BREEAM Buildings and BREEAM Infrastructure (formerly CEEQUAL) assessments.
- Knowledge and understanding of environmental and sustainability principles and their relationship to ensure that sustainable outcomes are achieved.
- Experience of managing and implementing BREEAM Buildings and/or BREEAM Infrastructure (formerly CEEQUAL) in a large, complex and/or major development/ infrastructure project.
- Experience of stakeholder management including external stakeholder e.g., Building Research Establishment.
- IT skills in Microsoft Word and other Microsoft packages.
- Understanding of UK s planning policies and building legislation requirements.
- Communication Skills including report preparation, presentation skills and communicating technical information to non-technical stakeholders
Why work for our client as their Sustainability Specialist?
- A competitive pension scheme, with up to 12 per cent employer contributions
- a cash allowance in lieu of benefits, meaning you can choose benefits that suit you.
- Life assurance, income protection and health cash plan
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays;
- access to tax-efficient voluntary benefits scheme & retail, health, leisure and travel offers
- Employee Assistance Program;
For more information on the role as Sustainability Specialist, please contact our team or APPLY TODAY for immediate consideration!