Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Glenrothes (on-site)
Senior manufacturing Engineer based in the Systems Manufacturing department, primarily focused on product manufacturing and process integrity, effectiveness and efficiency. Take ownership for product performance throughout the manufacturing process. Provide reporting and performance analysis as required. Be the key technical support for Customer and Internal Program Team.
Role will be program-focused as a support function across the Systems manufacturing environment.
- Active and innovative Engineer - drive improvement through the use of Best in Class and World Class Manufacturing principles
- Active Team Member - participate in team activities with Integrated Program Team, Engineering and other project teams
- Use manufacturing data to identify and address issues - proactively
- Use data to drive Systemic Root Cause and Corrective Action.
- Identify, expedite and / or escalate any quality or performance issues
- Identify skills training or development requirements and escalate through management
- Participate in regular Manufacturing Engineering sub-team meetings
- Report & maintain Manufacturing Engineering metrics, track performance against Team KPI and Individual Goals & Objectives
- Ensure metrics are used / responded to in order to optimize processes
- Support the Program Cells and the rest of the Engineering community when required
- Where required participate in DFM and "manufacturability" analyses and reporting
- Where required, participate in NPI activities and reporting
- Minimum of HND in Manufacturing / Production Engineering or other related subject
- High performance Engineer and self-starter
- Strong knowledge of electronics manufacturing processes over a wide range of technologies and production platforms
- Analytical engineer who can process data efficiently to provide solutions to problems and communicate the outcomes at all levels
- Good team player who takes ownership of problems and participates fully in team activities
- Can demonstrate contribution to specific improvements in Production Programs' effectiveness efficiency and optimization
- Can understand and promote the use of Equipment / Machine SPC to identify potential issues and prevent them
- Can lead / participate in process FMEA development, review and risk mitigation processes
- Experience of various manufacturing platforms
- Understands the principles of 6 Sigma and Lean Manufacturing
- Proven technical presentation skills
- Proven track record in an Engineering or Manufacturing environment.
- Driven, confident Engineer able to create and maintain enthusiasm and energy levels across the team
- Confident self-starter who must be able to encourage improvement and challenge the Status Quo
- Ability to communicate at all levels across a range of disciplines and to work with Engineering peer groups across the Manufacturing Division