Production Operative - Assembly
Production Operative - Assembly Preston Monday Thursday 06:00-16:15 GBP10.42 an hour
Jonesco (Preston) Ltd is a plastic product manufacturing company operating from a 4 acre manufacturing site in Preston, Lancashire and a 3.7-acre distribution site nearby. We have a subsidiary company in Seclin, south of Lille, France.
All Jonesco products are manufactured in the UK. The Jonesco group employs around 175 employees including 15 employees at our site in Seclin, France. A manufacturer of plastic products by rotational moulding and extrusion, operating in the commercial vehicle, fire safety and environmental protection markets.
Jonesco is a market leader in several European countries and ships to over 60 countries with 1,400 distributors on a regular basis.
In this role, you will assemble the products, makeup kits, stocking, grinding and housekeeping duties.
Are you the right person for the job?
- Minimum of 2 GCSE or equivalent C and above including Maths and English
- Ability to use hand tools
- Working in a manual role
- Ability to handle physical work
- Ability to do basic maths for Stock counting purposes
- Awareness and application of health and safety working regulations
- Ability to work in an environment where temperature can exceed the average
- Forklift truck experience
- Working within an ISO9000 and IS14001 environment
- Worked in the plastics industry
What will your role look like?
- Housekeeping on a regular basis, ensuring the workplace is free from any potential safety risks
- Ensure products meet the company s quality standards
- Use of power tools such as drills to assemble and create the products
- Producing various kits to accompany products
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance is expected
- Always ensure the wearing of the correct uniform and PPE
- Achieve Production targets and other KPIs
- Always work safely, compliant with health and safety legislation
What can you expect in return?
- 195 hours of holiday (including Christmas shutdown) plus bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Tea and coffee
- Additional leave purchase at 2 years service
Jonesco are certified to ISO 14001 (Environmental) and 9001 (Quality) management systems. Jonesco are currently in the process of achieving (phone number removed) (H&S Management systems). They are also Investors in People Accredited.
What s next? It s easy! Click APPLY now! We can t wait to hear from you!
Your data will be handled in line with GDPR.