We have an exciting opportunity to work as a Payroll Assistant (Temp to Perm)
The hours will be Monday to Friday 08:30am - 17:00pm
Pay - 12.30ph
- Engaging work culture
- Environmentally conscious company
- Company Profit Share Scheme
- Company Contribution Pension Plan
- Health & wellbeing programme
- Enhanced maternity benefits
- Fulfilling career opportunities
- Generous holiday allowance per year
- On-site car and cycle parking
- Tech and Cycle Schemes
- Discounts with participating local shops and businesses
- Privately owned, debt-free company
The main purpose and role are as followed:
To work with departmental managers to resolve clocking anomalies on the Time & Attendance system to enable accurate processing of the monthly payroll and compliance with the Company Handbook.
To calculate employee's monthly salaries and pay changes, ensuring employees are paid accurately and on-time.
To answer queries from employees or managers regarding pay.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage absences on the Time & Attendance system following receipt of daily absence sheets.
- Accurately process weekly payroll sheets, querying any missing information in order to clear down all clocking anomalies (overtime, missing clocks, absences etc).
- Produce reports from the Time & Attendance system for use by managers, HR and within the payroll department.
- Responsible for issuing RTWs, Self Certification forms and supporting paperwork for all sickness absences.
- Responsible for processing payroll changes in respect of starters, leavers, changes to pay, job role/grade or annualised hours, changes to tax code or any other change, ensuring that employee's are paid correctly.
- Process statutory payments in respect of SSP, SMP, SPP, ShPP and SAP.
- Manage the implementation of Court Orders in line with guidance from the issuing body.
- Co-ordinate the processing of engineers monthly timesheets, ensuring that contractual overtime (GOT), standby payments and call outs are processed correctly and in line with Company policy.
- Responsible for calculating deductions through the payroll in line with Company policy and handbook.
- Reconcile the monthly payroll, ahead of the BACS submission.
- Ensure payslips are issued in a timely manner and queries are dealt with promptly
- Responsible for issuing petty cash, ensuring paperwork is correctly completed and receipts are present for reconciliation.
- Monitor working hours, ensuring compliance with The Working Time Regulations (WTD) and the Workforce Agreement where exemptions apply.
- Produce monthly reports for the Payroll Manager in order that consistent lateness can be reviewed with line managers and HR department.
- Keep up to date with changes in legislation.
- Maintain accurate payroll records in line with Government guidance.
- Responsible for meeting all safety, quality and quantity requirements
- Report all health and safety issues to line manager, including near misses, property damage or injuries.
- Read, understand and comply with all Risk Assessments (RAs) within the department.
- Work to the relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) at all times.
- Ensure 5S is followed and carried out within the work area.
- Carry out daily standard work tasks within the work area.
- Contribute to any continuous improvement activities within the department as required.
- Take ownership for own learning and progression.
- Assist in the learning and development of new starters when required.
- Ensure compliance with all necessary legislation and audit requirements at all times.
- Awareness of all environmental regulations and restrictions within the department.
- Adhere to the Health and Safety and Environmental Policies.
If you think this role is suited to you then please click apply today
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.