NEW VACANCY - Mechanic
TEXO Recruitment are looking for an experienced mechanic on behalf of our external client, based in Aberdeen.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in daily Tool Box Talks
- Perform company operations in a safe and controlled manner and ensure the safety of yourself, colleagues and associated personal whilst doing so
- Execute as directed all workshop and yard related activities including maintenance, fabrication, and equipment function testing
- Ensure all equipment requested is allocated and prepared for operational jobs in line with load out requirements
- Ensure that Status Label System is used at all times.
- Ensure that all procedures are adhered to.
- Liaise with stores to ensure there are spare parts within the store to cover routine maintenance of all equipment.
- Mentor trainees during their time in the workshop.
- Assist and work closely with the Logistics Coordinator regarding allocation of kit for Mobilisation.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and tidy
- Perform other duties which may be required as directed by the Maintenance Chargehand or Equipment Manager.
- Adhere to Company s policies and procedures.
- Proven mechanical background ideally with diesel engines, fluid pumps and nitrogen equipment.
- Be able to read and understand technical schematics.
- Sound technical knowledge of Pipeline and Process testing operations and the equipment used.
- Strong founding in large diesel units.
- HNC in Engineering.
- Overhead crane.
- Forklift truck license up to 16T