HR Pensions Lead
- Full Time
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service is looking for an HR Pensions Lead to join our excellent team based in Exeter. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis (37 hours per week). In addition you will receive a competitive salary of GBP40,221 - GBP43,421 per annum.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service is the largest non-metropolitan Fire and Rescue Service in England. We provide prevention, protection and response services across the counties of Devon and Somerset.
Our vision is that together, we will work to end preventable fire and rescue emergencies, creating a safer world for you and your family. Keeping people safe is what we do, and we owe our fantastic reputation to our highly skilled and motivated workforce.
About the role:
As our HR Pensions Lead, you will provide comprehensive guidance on pension scheme regulations and processes to managers, employees, and all relevant stakeholders including EB colleagues. You'll be the primary point of contact for HR policies and processes in relation to pension administration, and will support the Local Pension Board in ensuring compliance with pension regulations and legislative changes.
Key responsibilities as our HR Pensions Lead:
- Overseeing pension related processes for the Service (several different schemes).
- Providing guidance to managers and employees in relation to pensions and support to the Health and Wellbeing team in relation to ill health retirement processes and paperwork.
- Overseeing record maintenance of all ill health retirement pension paperwork and support HR colleagues with subsequent reviews.
- Coordinating and participating in pre-retirement seminars and deliver any relevant training, as required.
- Preparing pensions guidance notes and other pension related communications for publication on the intranet and other staff communication channels as appropriate.
- Researching and providing accurate financial information to West Yorkshire Pension Fund (WYPF). Liaise with WYPF, finance and payroll and pension related matters and act as the main point of contact and attending meetings as required.
- Overseeing and advising on long term projects including new pension schemes and automatic enrolment in order to ensure that the Authority complies with pension regulations and employment legislation, avoiding financial penalties.
- Carrying out the monthly administrative processes for employees opting in and out of the Authority's Pension Schemes in accordance with Scheme and/or auto-enrolment regulations.
- Liaising with the HR Officer for Pay and Conditions to ensure that adequate processes are in place for dealing with periods of unpaid leave and industrial action (in relation to the impact on pensionable pay, pensions and retirements).
What we are looking for in our HR Pensions Lead:
- Substantial experience in providing advice and guidance on pensions including complex issues.
- Substantial experience of working in a pensions related role (preferably in public sector / blue light services).
- Working knowledge of pensions legislation, scheme types and standard processes.
- Good academic background that facilitates the ability to analyse complex written and numerical data and navigate regulatory guidance and frameworks (degree level or equivalent).
- Advanced numeracy, problem solving and analytical skills.
- High level of general ICT skills, including standard Microsoft applications.
- Experience of successfully working collaboratively across teams and with third party providers (e.g. scheme administrators, Occupational Health).
Closing Date: 2359hrs Wednesday 29 November 2023
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to succeed as our HR Pensions Lead please click "apply" now!How to apply:
You will be required to complete an application form and submit a supporting statement. As part of your supporting statement please ensure you provide evidence of how you meet the essential and desirable criteria for the role. as detailed in the Job Description and Person Specification. The evidence provided will be used to shortlist the applications received.Our values
As a Service and as individuals:
- We are proud to help
- We are honest
- We are respectful
- We are working together
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service recognise and celebrate the vast diversity of the local communities that we serve and aspire for this to be reflected within our workforce. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, experience and beliefs, who share our values, to consider working for us.