Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Location: Devonport, Plymouth - Hybrid working arrangement
Compensation: Competitve + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF54640
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Procurement Specialist at our Devonport site.
As a Procurement Specialist, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll be part of the Supply Chain team who manage the Land Supply Chain requirements including material procurement of goods and/or services to support operational production of various platforms across the business unit.
Day to day, you'll have accountability within a defined scope of materials and/or subcontract services, for the Supply chain design, execution, and performance for a Business Unit's project(s).
- Establishing project requirements, including those driven by the future bid pipeline
- Design and engagement of a supply chain that meets project requirements
- Supporting the delivery of project objectives through the rigorous management of contract and supplier performance
- Assuring Supplier Performance to time, cost and quality for contract requirements against scope of supplier responsibility
- The Procurement Specialist will have responsibility for typically 10m expenditure within the project(s) scope
This role is full time, 36- hours per week and will be based at Devonport with hybrid working from home arrangements.
Essential experience of the Procurement Specialist:
- Proven relevant experience in Sourcing and Procurement
- Experienced procurement practitioner with knowledge of current tactical and strategic procurement techniques
- Experience of working in complex project environments
- Proven track record of delivering excellent supply chain performance
Qualifications for the Procurement Specialist:
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent
- MCIPS or equivalent professional qualifications
The successful candidate must be able to achieve Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 04/12/23