We are looking for Civil Engineers and Civils Technicians to join our customer in Exeter. 30/45K
You will be part of the Civil Engineering team providing support to the civils design, transport planning and hydrology teams, working on an interesting range of projects throughout the region and across different sectors including residential, commercial, industrial, education and health.
As a key member of the team, you will work on infrastructure, highways and drainage design, scheme development, preliminary and detailed design. This role would suit an engineer or technician that has several years of experience of working within the Civil Engineering Industry and is keen to develop more junior members of the team.
Their ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant ONC or HNC qualification (such as Civil Engineering or Construction and the Built Environment) OR BEng Civil Engineering or similar
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD including the use and management of external references, control of coordinates and units
- Experience in the production of highways, drainage and residential development designs
- Experience of Windes / PDS / Civils 3D / Site 3D, training may be provided as required
- Experience in the production of ground models, horizontal and vertical geometry for road design, drainage modelling, residential site 3D design
- Understanding of relevant design codes such as DMRB, Manual for Streets, Sewers for Adoption, Design Construction Guidance for adoptable sewers, Building Regulations etc
- Experience in production of designs for adoption such as S38 / S278 / S104 / S106
- Proven ability to produce work to a high-quality standard
- Ability to apply technical understanding independently and draw on experience in order to anticipate areas that need further information or development and develop appropriately detailed designs
- Ability to work autonomously; including liaising directly with clients and leading client meetings where engineer input is required
- Enthusiasm to work as part of a multidisciplinary team to deliver work to deadline and to a high quality