Mental Health Employment
Contract: Permanent, Full Time/Part Time
Salary: £24,675 per annum, pro rata
Location: Doncaster, Bassetlaw, Sheffield, Barnsley, Rotherham
We are seeking motivated and passionate Employment Specialists who are looking for a career in the mental health sector to be part of our wonderful teams here at South Yorkshire Housing Association (SYHA)
- Do you understand the crucial role employment can play in enhancing the lives of those with health conditions?
- Do you enjoy meeting people and making new connections?
- Do you want to make a genuine difference and transform someone’s life?
If you answer yes to all the above, then we encourage you to apply!
As an Employment Specialist you will play a vital role in helping people with mental health conditions and disabilities gain sustainable paid work. You’ll receive all the training and support you need to take on the role and have access to a wide range of opportunities to develop your skills whilst working at SYHA.
We welcome applications from all experience levels and backgrounds. What you will need is a good understanding of the barriers faced by people with disabilities and mental health conditions, with experience of networking and building relationships with a variety of people.
What is a Mental Health Employment Specialist?
This is a rewarding and diverse role where no day is ever the same. Using the person-centred Individual Placement and Support (IPS) model which has a zero exclusion criteria you will be supporting people from all walks of life by:
- Using a strengths-based coaching style to encourage sustainable outcomes for the individuals in your caseload.
- Build relationships with employers to understand their recruitment needs and source individualised employment opportunities based on people’s preferences.
- Work with employers to support their employees who are struggling due to their health to thrive in the workplace.
- Motivate people, to ensure frequent engagement and to focus on developing their skills to ensure they are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to find and sustain meaningful and fulfilling employment.
- Work with health partners to provide an integrated, and well-rounded employment service.
- Advocating for your caseload by educating and engaging with employers regarding the IPS service.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a positive, proactive and empathetic person to join our organisation and welcome applications from all experience levels and backgrounds. Ideally, our successful candidates will have:
- Passion, drive and commitment to challenge inequality and break down barriers, with a strong belief in strength-based support and personalised care.
- Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders using a variety of methods such as in-person or via email.
- Excellent organisational skills, including diary management, with the ability to manage various tasks and priorities.
- Confidence to work out in the community, meeting new employers, advocating for the people you are supporting, and show casing all our service has to offer.
- Strong ability to record information accurately and timely and have excellent IT skills.
- Ability to travel within the South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw and holding a full valid driving license with access to a vehicle for work is desirable.
We are also actively interested in individuals with transferrable skills for this role such as experience in using a persuasive communication style, motivational interviewing or promoting service to a variety of audiences, this can include but not limited to, coaching, recruitment, sales, education, training/mentoring or sales roles.
Why work for South Yorkshire Housing Association?
At SYHA, our purpose is for our customers to settle at home, live well and realise their potential. Our employees enable us to create the best services, support and experiences for our customers.
You will receive a number of staff benefits working for SYHA, such as:
- Essential car user allowance £94.36 per month and mileage expenses
- Working Hours: Monday – Friday
- Flexible working options including Flexi Time, Condensed Hours, Part Time
- Generous holiday entitlement – 27 days annual leave, statutory bank holidays, plus an additional 4 SYHA days pro rata
- Pension contribution
- Excellent benefits including:
- SYHA Rewards - employee discount scheme, which offers cash back and shopping discounts. Plus advice and resources on health eating, financial wellbeing, exercise and mastering your mental health
- Westfield Health (employer paid)
- Discounted Gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to a wide range of programmes to train and develop you.
Alongside this you will be given exceptional on-the-job training from the moment you start the role, with access to a wide range of programmes to train and develop your skills as you continue your career within SYHA.
This role is an excellent opportunity to start a long-term career within the mental health sector so apply today to become an Employment Specialist and make a real difference!
Closing Date: 7th December 5pm 2023(please note that we may remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received, therefore early applications are encouraged)
Interview Dates: 14th or 18th December 2023.