Assistant Store Manager
- Full Time
We are recruiting an Assistant Store Manager with a keen interest in fashion and current trends and a creative eye for detail to ensure impactful visual merchandising.
Reporting to the Store Manager, you will be part of the store leadership team working together to manage the delivery of key targets. You will coach and develop the Supervisory team to ensure the right rhythm and routine is in place to maintain core processes. You will support the Store Manager in achieving sales targets, deliver on critical enablers, and communicate daily and weekly targets, achievements and updates to the store team.
This role comes with the ability to study Retail Team Leader Level 3 qualification through an apprenticeship (in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland).
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive a high volume of applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.What you'll be doing as an Assistant Store Manager (Clothing)
- Lead and motivate a team to drive sales to maximise profit and minimise stock loss
- Ensure all management Ways of Working (W.O.W) are completed accurately and at the correct time to support operations and sales performance
- Manage the induction of all new colleagues alongside the Store Manager and work with the Supervisors to drive ongoing training and development through on-the-job coaching
- Ensure the PEP&CO department is compliant with merchandising standards and guidelines
- Use your creative flair on-plan or off-plan to enhance the customer journey
- Complete stock inventory counts in relevant sections as required
- Previous success in leading operational teams, particularly in a retail clothing environment
- Self-motivation, resilience and the ability to adapt to challenges with a positive and proactive outlook
- Passion for current fashion trends to provide our customers with the best shopping experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers and colleagues
- Experience working within a KPI-driven environment
- This role comes with the ability to study Retail Team Leader Level 3 qualification through an apprenticeship, (in England, Wales and Northern Ireland)
- Competitive salary
- Potential to earn a bonus
- A eight-week induction programme
- Apprenticeships and Career Development
- Discount Card - 10% discount on most purchases in-store, including PEP&CO
- Family-friendly benefits
- Loyal Service Awards
- My Staff Shop - exclusive discount portal
- Life Assurance cover
- Health & Wellbeing - employee assistance programme to support you
- Pension scheme
- Holiday Allowance - increasing by one day per year (up to 33 days)
Since opening its first store in Burton-upon-Trent in 1990, Poundland & Dealz, has built a network of over 850 stores in the UK and the Republic of Ireland, offering top brands and great quality own brand products that provide customers with amazing value every day.
Poundland & Dealz offers thousands of quality products in store with over 1,000 well-known brands in 17 shopping categories including food and drink, health and beauty, household, gardening, DIY, pet, stationery, books, DVDs and toys. It is on a journey from a single price to a simple price point retailer. While the majority of items in its stores are at its original GBP1 price point, it is extending ranges above and below GBP1 that also offer amazing value.
Now part of Pepco Group with over 2,500 stores across Europe, Poundland also trades internationally in the Republic of Ireland through its Dealz brand. Dealz has a growing store base in both Poland and Spain.
Within the UK Poundland has also rolled out its fashion brand PEP&CO to approximately 300 of its larger stores. PEP&CO, launched in 2015 as a standalone brand, offers customers a full range of women's, men's and kids' fashion and is now bringing new style to Poundland with simple low pricing on family fashion that's hard to find on local high streets.
PEP&CO was also nominated in the 2019 Retail Week Awards as Private Label of The Year.
Sounds like you? apply today!