Job Title: Kitchen Assistant
Salary: GBP10.55 per hour
Hours: 29.75 hours per week
Main purpose of the job:
As a Kitchen Assistant, you will play a crucial role in supporting our Cook in Charge to ensure the efficient operation of our kitchen. You'll be responsible for preparing food, maintaining cleanliness, checking stock quality, and delivering excellent customer service. This position requires someone with strong attention to detail, a passion for food hygiene, and the ability to work well within a team.
- Assist in food preparation according to specifications and customer requirements.
- Present and serve food in a friendly and efficient manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Receive and check new stock, maintaining records and complying with food hygiene regulations.
- Deputise in the absence of the Cook in Charge.
- Uphold high standards of personal and kitchen hygiene, equipment cleanliness, and premises sanitation.
The successful applicant will have:
- Knowledge of food hygiene standards (Essential)
- Experience in food preparation and serving within a large catering operation (Essential)
- Experience working with vulnerable people and their dietary requirements (Essential)
- Track record of delivering excellent customer service (Essential)
- Ability to work independently and under own initiative (Essential)
- Possession of a food hygiene certificate (Essential)
- City & Guilds or equivalent in (NVQ 2) professional cookery, or willingness to work towards it (Essential)
- Capable of moderate physical activity (Essential)
- Flexibility to adapt to various work environments, duties, and hours (Essential)
This post is subject to an enhanced criminal record (DBS) check upon appointment and throughout the applicant's employment.
In return for joining us as our Kitchen Assistant, we can offer a range of benefits including:
- 28 Days Annual leave per year (pro-rata) so you can have a well-earned rest
- Free enhanced DBS and uniform - providing you will the tools you need for the job
- Staff recognition scheme because hard work doesn t go unnoticed
- 100% Annual Attendance Reward to reward you for being there for our customers
- Annual Pay Review ensuring your pay reflects what s happening in the market
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides free, confidential support in health, wellbeing, financial and legal matters because sometimes, we all need a helping hand
- Life assurance In case the worst should happen
- A broad learning and development programme to help you be the best that you can be
- Access to an attractive contributory pension scheme giving you peace of mind about life after work.
We have over 2,100 homes across the Black Country and Birmingham and a purpose-built Residential Care Home. We support our local communities by offering free services that help individuals with self-achievement and aspiration through our career development, training and employment services.
Founded in 1974, we have grown significantly both in terms of the number of homes we rent and the breadth of other housing related services we now offer. We help thousands of customers every year making a real difference to their lives.
At Black Country Housing Group our values are not just a set of words but are at the heart of the way our organisation works and how our colleagues interact in their day-to-day activities. We are committed to developing and supporting our colleagues and have received Gold recognition from Investors in People. We are proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Employer and are always reviewing how we can be more inclusive.
New Bradley Hall is a purpose built, dementia friendly home, offering the highest quality of residential care in a stylish and homely environment. The home provides 66 en-suite rooms across three floors, all furnished to the highest standard. There are a range of lounges and quiet rooms, so that individuals are able to enjoy a varied lifestyle. Within the home there is also a purpose built cinema room, on-site hairdressing facilities and a caf?? area. Our aim is to provide the right care, tailored to meet residents individual needs and preferences. We want to support residents to maximise their independence.
At Black Country Housing Group, we are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment where everyone's contributions are valued and respected. We believe in equal opportunities, diversity, and inclusion, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds to join our team.
To apply, please submit your application, including a cover letter and CV, we look forward to welcoming you to our team!