ASSESSOR IN BRICKWORK
STAFFORD COLLEGE SITE
ASSESSOR IN BRICKWORK
Job Reference: NOV20231926
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £28,122 - £38,311 Per Annum
Closing Date: Sun, Dec 10, 2023
Full-time: 37 hours per week Location: Stafford College Salary: £28,122 - £38,311 (subject to agreement) (Which includes a £5,000 annual salary supplement for qualified candidates). Holidays: 25 Days per year, rising to 30 days following 5 years’ service (Plus Bank holidays and Christmas closure)
Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is currently home to around 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers. In addition, we have a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 500 students on higher education programmes.
We are one of only 3 providers in England to achieve an outstanding grade for apprenticeships delivery under the Ofsted’s new inspection framework - in fact we’re outstanding in every inspection area. To read the full Ofsted report for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group, please visit the Ofsted Government website.
The College delivers a significant volume and market share of Apprenticeship standards ranging from Intermediate and Advanced through to Higher levels from its two campuses in Newcastle-under-Lyme and Stafford.
NSCG apprenticeship outcomes are consistently some of the highest in the country and the college works with many of the region’s leading employers across all disciplines.
We are looking for suitably qualified individuals to join our pro-active, dynamic and friendly team of Assessors. The successful candidate will be required to deliver high quality apprenticeships and work based training to local employers. You will assess our clients/apprentices in their place of work, and seek to combine a speedy achievement for our employers with a quality product for our candidates as well as developing and maintaining relationships with our local employers.
You will need access to your own suitable transport to be able to visit clients across the Staffordshire region.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assess students in Brickwork on a range of construction courses up to and including level 3. To carryout assessments for WBL students
- To engage in core duties including preparation, marking, and monitoring student progress. To work with the lecturers in the preparation of flexible learning materials, lesson plans & schemes of work.
- To be involved, as necessary in the marketing and promotion of the Centre to schools, parents, potential students and employers.
- To take an active part in the recruitment of new apprentices through contact with local employers.
- To delivery high quality apprenticeships by assessing candidates in the workplace and delivering training to support achievement.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Is qualified to level 3 in a relevant discipline (Level 4 would be desirable).
- Has relevant industrial experience in brickwork within the construction sector.
- Holds, or is willing to train for Assessor and Verifier Awards
- Is an effective communicator, able to deal successfully with all levels of management, apprentices, tutors and employers.
- Is well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme (defined benefits scheme with 24% employer contribution)
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 following 5 years’ service (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period)
- Electric Vehicle Scheme (Salary Sacrifice).
- Cycle to Work Scheme (Salary sacrifice).
- Health-related benefits including a subsidised Health Scheme.
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities (supported with a dedicated budget).
- Free Parking
- On site restaurant and FREE early morning tea/coffee and
Get in touch
If you wish to have an informal discussion prior to your application, please contact Jane Tunnicliff (Head of Employer Engagement and Training) at email@example.com who will arrange an appointment for you to visit the College and answer any initial questions you may have.
How to apply
To apply for the role of Assessor in Brickwork, please click ‘Apply Now’ to complete an online application form. (If you are applying via a jobs board, you will receive an e-mail and link that will take you directly to our application form on the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group website).
The closing date for completed applications is 10th December 2023
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
Local Government Pension Scheme, Excellent Training and Development Opportunities, 25 days annual leave rising to 30 following 5 years' service (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period.