Hyde is looking to recruit an Accountant.
Hyde is one of the UK’s leading and award-winning providers of affordable homes in London, the South-East and surrounding areas. We provide and manage 50,000 homes to over 100,000 customers. Our ethos is simple, by providing customers with a safe and decent home it allows them to realise their potential, enjoy their environment and contribute to their community.
As an Accountant you will be working within Hyde’s Finance team to provide financial support within a specific area of the business that will include monthly management accounts, budgets and forecasts, production of standard and ad-hoc reporting of financial information and primary user for creation and posting of journals.
- Production and loading of accurate monthly financial performance information, annual budgets and in-year forecasts in line with Group timelines along with the team.
- Financial reconciliations of key areas of income and costs
- Use of corporate database systems to maintain, manage and produce relevant reports for the business.
- Support team members in providing financial analysis, support and advice to Business Managers.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring all transactions are evidenced and fully understood. Pro-actively highlighting any potential areas of risk
- Support the production of annual statutory accounts for Hyde Group and its’ subsidiaries, producing working papers and liaising with external auditors as required
Skills and experience required
- Strong accounting & analytical background
- Intermediate excel skills including v-looks ups, pivot tables, formulas
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- A fantastic pension
- Life assurance
- Great holidays
- An award-winning flexible benefits package.
- Volunteering days
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the Hyde Group, we strive to build and nurture a culture where inclusivity is the norm and not an initiative. Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we’re committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace which reflects our customer profile and where everyone is proud to be unique.
Hyde is a disability confident employer and we are here to support you with any reasonable adjustments that you need throughout the recruitment process.
We reserve the right to close this advert as soon as a suitable candidate has been identified.