6 days left
- Full Time
UNIVERSITY OF LOUGHBOROUGH
Package: Technical Services, Grade 5 from £27,979 to £32,982 per annum. Subject to annual pay award.
About the role:
The School of Aeronautical and Automotive Engineering collaborates closely with the Wolfson School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering. It is staffed by approximately 12 skilled technicians specializing in mechanical, electronic, and laboratory work.
Our powertrains facilities are impressive, featuring a recently acquired hub-mounted Chassis Dynamometer and 8 advanced engine test cells. These test cells accommodate cutting-edge thermodynamic and optical single and multi-cylinder car and heavy-duty engines, as well as sophisticated electrical drivetrain systems equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation, including
fully transient dynamometers. Working in this dynamic and diverse environment offers candidates an exciting opportunity to apply and enhance their skills.
To provide skilled electrical/electronic technical engineering support for academic staff, students and researchers using the Powertrains research laboratories and workshops. The job posting is for individuals who may not possess the skills initially but will thrive in an environment where these
skills can be nurtured, cultivated, and fostered.
Please follow this link for further information about the role.
• Generous annual leave allowance up to *33 days (inclusive of Bank Holidays & University closure days)
• Competitive pension schemes
• A range of childcare support initiatives and benefits including childcare vouchers; on-site university nursery (with salary sacrifice scheme); and holiday play schemes
• We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies
• BUPA Cash Plan (100 scheme)
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Season ticker loan scheme
• On campus parking with charging points for electric vehicles
• Fantastic range of sports facilities and preferential membership packages available
• Fantastic CPD, Linkedin learning and inclusive resources for development.
Informal enquiries should be made to Mr Steven Horner, Engines and Powertrains Facility Supervisor by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01509 227301 or 07752 445811.
Closing date: 4 December 2023.