Social Prescribing Advisor x2
24.5 hours per week - Temporary for 6 Months Maternity Cover
32 hours per week – Temporary contract until 31 March 2024
Are you looking for a new challenge in Community Based Health and Social Care?
Social Prescribing Services in Doncaster
South Yorkshire Housing Association (SYHA) along with Doncaster Primary Care Networks (PCNs) and Doncaster Council have an exciting opportunity to welcome a Social Prescribing Advisor into their team at Doncaster.
Doncaster has 5 PCNs and covers a patient population of 327,753 people. We are innovative and committed to delivering high quality, personalised care for the people we work with. We are seeking Social Prescribing Advisors to complement the team and to play a key role in delivering a great service.
Our Social Prescribing services work with people who are referred from GPs, nurses and other primary care professionals for support with a wide range of social, emotional or practical needs.
- Salary Scale: 3F £24,675 (pro-rata for part time) plus Essential car user allowance £94.36 per month and mileage expenses Pro Rata
- Working Hours: Monday – Friday – Condensed Flexible Working available
- Generous holiday entitlement – 27 days annual leave, statutory bank holidays, plus an additional 4 SYHA days pro rata
- Pension contribution
- Flexible working options including Flexi Time, Condensed Hours, Part Time
- Excellent benefits including:
- SYHA Rewards - employee discount scheme, which offers cash back and shopping discounts.Plus advice and resources on health eating, financial wellbeing, exercise and mastering your mental health
- Westfield Health (employer paid)
- Discounted Gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to a wide range of programmes to train and develop you.
More about the role:
The role is predominantly community based across the Doncaster Borough to deliver a Social Prescribing Service at a PCN, Locality and GP Practice level within peoples own communities.The role means working from GP Practices, Community Venues, visiting people in their own home; and with some time working from home.
We are looking for an advisor to deliver a high quality, personalised service to customers across Doncaster.
We’re looking for people who have a good understanding of health, social care and community services and how these services can help improve the health and wellbeing of customers. This role helps people to look at the wider determinants of their health such as debt, poor housing, physical inactivity, loneliness as well as other lifestyle issues and low-level mental health concerns. Some people may have complex social needs, and most will have long term conditions, all which may affect their health and wellbeing.
You will work closely with the PCNs Multi-Disciplinary Health Care Teams including, GPs, Care Co-ordinators, Community Nurses, and other Health and Social Care Professionals. Using your extensive knowledge of the community and voluntary sector, and your understanding of health and social care services, you will empower customers to access non-medical solutions to their needs focussing on "what matters to you", helping people to recognise and find their own solutions.
You will be a natural communicator who loves working with people and is excellent at creating rapport with individuals. You will be skilled at supporting people to identify and achieve their own personal goals around health and wellbeing.
Working from home and across the locality, you will work in accordance with SYHA Hybrid policy using IT to keep in touch with your team and the community and to record and monitor service delivery and outcomes.
Who you are:
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work closely with customers and build rapport.
- A track record of working with statutory and community, voluntary sector organisations in Doncaster.
- Experience of working with vulnerable customer groups and an understanding of the needs and risks associated with working with these groups and have a strong belief in strength based support and personalised health care services.
- Ability to be responsive to customer choice and need and enable fully personalised services.
- Ability to work on your own initiative with great self-motivation, resilience, flexibility and drive.
- Good IT skills and ability to work remotely, keeping up to date and comprehensive records.
Who we are:
At South Yorkshire Housing Association, our purpose is for our customers to settle at home, live well and realise their potential.
Feeling settled and living well means different things to the people and families that live across South Yorkshire. So, we work with people in different ways – from our extra-care housing, to providing services and opportunities that individuals can access in their home, workplace and community, to creating houses for affordable rent.
Our employees enable us to create the best services, support, and experiences for our customers. We believe that difference makes us better, and that our services are made stronger by having a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Please note that we may remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. Please apply at your earliest convenience.
For the purposes of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 this is an excluded job.
Closing Date: Sunday 26th November 2023, midnight
Interview Date: Friday 1st December 2023