STAFFORD COLLEGE SITE
Job Reference: NOV20230921
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £21,549 Pro Rata
Closing Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023
Part-time Positions available
18.5 hours – Catering Assistant – Foodhall (38 weeks)
18.5 hours – Catering Assistant – Costa Coffee Shop (36 weeks)
Location: Stafford College
Salary: £21,549 pro rata (subject to agreement)
Part time 18.5 hours a week (38 weeks) actual salary £9,179 per annum
Part-time 18.5 hours a week (36 weeks) actual salary £8,702 per annum
This is an exciting opportunity to join our expanding catering department at Stafford College. Duties include working in the College’s food hall service or the Costa Coffee Shop enabling the sale of food and drinks to students and staff, taking payments and using a till and keeping areas clean.
To be successful, you will have previous experience of working in a catering or customer service environment and be energetic and enthusiastic with the ability to work on own initiative and as part of team. You will hold a NVQ Level 2 Food Preparation and Cooking or equivalent.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To prepare and assist in the cooking of basic food items.
- Assisting the Supervisor in preparing the coffee provision for opening
- Preparing and serving drinks orders, sandwiches and cakes
- To display and serve food, including taking cash and using the till.
- To clean all areas of the catering department.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Qualified to NVQ Level 2 Food Preparation & Cooking or equivalent
- Experience of working in a catering environment or customer service
- Is energetic, enthusiastic and well-motivated towards providing excellent food and customer service
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Term-time only working
- Cycle to Work Scheme (Salary sacrifice).
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities (supported with a dedicated budget).
- Staff parking available
- Health-related benefits including subsidised health scheme
- On site restaurant facilities and FREE early morning coffee/tea and toast
How to apply
To apply for the role Catering Assistant or Catering Assistant (Costa), please click ‘Apply Now’ to complete an online application form.
If you are applying via a jobs board, you will receive an email and link that will take you directly to our application form on the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group website).
The closing date for completed applications is 26th November 2023
Interviews to be held week commencing 4th December 2023
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college-based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.