Gradate Commercial Surveyor
We are currently recruiting for an ambitious Graduate Surveyor to join a Plymouth based commercial property agency. The successful Graduate Surveyor will work closely with the Senior Agency Surveyor in the delivery of all aspects of a market leading property agency service across Plymouth and Devon in accordance with the firm's contractual obligations to its clients.
Graduate Surveyor Position Benefits
- Salary: 24k per annum
- Pay for Chartership (such as completing APC)
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 9.00am to 5.30pm with an hour for lunch
- Holiday: 25 days per annum (plus Bank Holidays)
- Pension scheme
Graduate Surveyor Position Overview
- Assist in the marketing of a diverse portfolio of commercial property with a high degree of autonomy, but delivered within contractual and statutory requirements, efficiently and effectively to maximise returns for our clients and profitability for this group.
- To ensure that the policies of the company and requirements of the RICS are consistently delivered.
- To gain a thorough understanding of commercial property agency practices, ensuring proactive and effective marketing of our clients' assets, together with lease and sale negotiation, clear concise communication to our clients, and applicants, to affect the leasing and/or sale of our instructions.
- Obtain a thorough understanding of commercial leases and property/agency legislation and practice.
- Liaise in a timely manner with clients and colleagues in the management of leasehold and freehold agency instructions and be able to work with other departments in the business to be able to provide reasoned advice and basic leasehold and freehold market appraisals for our clients.
- To be responsible for conducting viewings at premises and meeting clients and applicants and demonstrate the inter-personal skills required to create effective business and professional relationships.
- To carry out property inspections and apply yourself to learning how to measure properties in line with current RICS guidelines and understand how different types of property need to be measured.
- To undertake rental and capital valuations and prepare client reports for marketing purposes.
- To be able to manage a busy diary of inspections, viewings and market appraisals efficiently
- To receive enquires from tenants, clients, colleagues and other stakeholders concerning the portfolio and deal with those enquiries and issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Attend in-house training/CPD events as may be organised from time to time.
- Work in conjunction with colleagues towards achieving personal and team targets in accordance with the company's performance management system.
Graduate Surveyor Position Requirements
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject (ideally RICS Accredited)
- Passion for commercial property
- Full UK Drivers License
- T literate
Bennett & Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are a multi-disciplined technical recruitment agency based in Chichester, West Sussex operating across the UK with specialist teams covering a range of industries. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy, and in accordance with GDPR by applying you are granting us consent to process your data, and contact you in relation to this application and the services we offer.