Residential Childcare Worker
500 Welcome Bonus & 1,000 Refer a Friend
ARE YOU OVER 21?
DO YOU DRIVE?
Make a difference and become a Residential Childcare Worker!
ACAD is a well-established residential childcare and education provider with services based across Scotland, providing residential childcare services since 2001. ACAD is part of the CareTech Family. Established in 1993, CareTech is a leading nationwide social care provider delivering a package of high quality, individually tailored care and support solutions to children, young people, and adults across the UK
We are seeking compassionate and empowering Residential Childcare Workers to provide care and support for children and young people who are unable to live with their families. Often, our children and young people have been subject to adverse childhood experiences and trauma. We are seeking people who have a good understanding of the difficulties and challenges that children may face and have the confidence and ability to support them to recover, grow and flourish.
We provide children with a safe and nurturing environment within our services, and need caring and compassionate individuals who can demonstrate these attributes within a challenging yet rewarding environment.
If you believe you have the skills, values and desire to help support our young people to achieve their full potential, then we want to hear from you.
You will ideally possess:
- A sound understanding of the developmental needs and milestones for children and young people
- Ability to communicate, engage and form positive relationships with children and young people, parents, carers and other professionals
- Ability to produce clear and concise written reports and records to a good standard
- A valid manual driving license.
- To support you in this role, we provide a range of specialist training programmes and invest in your professional development.
- We provide a comprehensive induction programme and support people to achieve professional qualifications where required. This can be an HNC in Social Care, SVQ level 3 in Care or an equivalent qualification.
- We provide a competitive salary, including a sleepover allowance, and offer a full-time permanent contract.
- Our employees have access to an employee assistance programme and pension scheme.
Due to the nature of the role, it will be necessary for all Residential Childcare Workers to be subject to a Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check by Disclosure Scotland and achieve membership of the scheme prior to commencing work with us. CareTech will cover the cost of this check. You will also be required to be registered with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC).