ob Title: Child Care Assistant (Part-Time: 3 Days a Week)
Location: Leyland (Preston)
Company: Veritas Education
Our client is a trusted provider of high-quality childcare services located in the vibrant community of Leyland. They are dedicated to nurturing the growth and development of young minds in a safe and inclusive environment. We are currently seeking a passionate and dedicated Child Care Assistant to join their team on a part-time basis.
Position Overview: As a Part-Time Child Care Assistant you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of children while enjoying a flexible work schedule. You will work closely with our experienced staff to create a nurturing and engaging environment that supports the well-being and development of the children in our care.
- Assist in planning and conducting age-appropriate activities and educational programs.
- Supervise and interact with children to foster their social, emotional, and cognitive growth.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment, including regular cleaning and sanitization of play areas and equipment.
- Collaborate effectively with our dedicated team to maintain a positive and inclusive classroom atmosphere.
- Communicate regularly with parents and guardians, providing updates on their child's progress and daily activities.
- Assist with mealtime, diaper changes, and other basic care routines.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and safety protocols.
- Level 2 or Level 3 in childcare or equivalent.
- Previous experience in childcare or early childhood education is preferred.
- Genuine passion for working with children and supporting their growth and development.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Patience, creativity, and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and follow instructions.
- CPR and First Aid certification (or willingness to obtain upon hire).
- Part-Time: 3 days a week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)
- Competitive hourly rate
- Opportunity to be part of a close-knit and supportive team.
- A rewarding role that allows you to make a difference in children's lives.
- Professional development and training opportunities
If this sounds like something you might be interested, please send your CV in response to this advert or contact Kirsty Rimmer on (phone number removed).
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'