Alliance Firearms Licensing Administrator
Alliance Firearms Licensing Administrator needed in Exeter, GBP11.32ph PAYE - Reference: 359424
- To provide an effective and efficient quality administrative service to the firearms licensing team, seeking to ensure that all firearms licensing applications are in support of legal activity. In particular, to:
- Undertake processing activities flagging any concerns or suspicions of potentially criminal activity to the Supervisors.
- Maintain awareness and update knowledge in the area of Firearms Legislation and changing processes and procedures.
- Provide customer focused point of contact for telephone enquiries to the team, providing advice and guidance to callers on all aspects of firearms licensing.
- Produce cash log on a daily basis if required, ensuring reconciliation between records and value of cheques received.
- Receive, sort and distribute high volumes of mail.
- Carry out checks on applicants using Alliance intelligence systems.
- Ensure that all applications are appropriately and accurately indexed.
- Scan application documents for retention on suitable database, ensuring archived material is fully recorded and stored prior to disposal of the hard copy.
- Seek opportunities for continuous improvements to processes, highlighting opportunities for improvements to the Supervisors.
- Represent, on occasions, as the team's representative
This is a full time role on a temporary contract basis
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website .