This is a great opportunity to join an established, respected, and rapidly expanding business. They have an excellent reputation for delivering outstanding customer service specialising in providing private surveys direct to the customer, rather than solely institution-driven mortgage inspections.
They now have a position available for an experienced high calibre, Chartered Surveyor, who wants to be treated as an individual, rather than part of a corporate environment. Training and development opportunities will be provided to progress further in your career.
Our client is a leading regional supplier of RICS Surveys and Valuations across the residential and commercial sector in the West Midlands.
What we need from you as a Chartered Surveyor:
- Ideally based in the West Midlands and have experience working in this area
- MRICS/FRICS Qualified
- VRS registration is preferred but not essential
- Need to be able to drive and have a full driving license and car
- Technical surveying skills - ability to deliver comprehensive level 1, 2 & 3 survey reports which can be interpreted by the general public (RICS report format preferred)
- Excellent communication skills
- Relationship-building abilities - Customer service and client management skills
- Time management - able to manage your own diary/workload
- Possess a proficient level of Numeracy skills
- Maintaining quality of work and professional attitude when under pressure
What the role involves:
This position is home-based, but you will be working alongside a multi-disciplined team of Chartered Residential and Building Surveyors and will also need to be in reasonable commuting distance to their office which is in Sutton Coldfield. Duties to include:
- Carrying out RICS Building surveys & Homebuyer surveys and red book market valuations on properties within the geographical area that the business covers
- Preparing detailed reports for clients regarding the condition of their property (in the form of Homebuyer, Building Surveys and Condition reports using the RICS templates)
- Providing court compliant Red Book market valuations for IHT, matrimonial and probate purposes
- Undertaking Commercial building surveys
- Undertaking condition reports for housing associations in accordance with their 'Decent homes' guide (training can be provided if required)
- Supporting other surveyors/Directors during busy/holiday periods
- Communicating with clients pre and post survey to provide peace of mind and reassurance with regards to the service we are providing
- Carrying out insurance valuations for reinstatement purposes
- Keeping up to date with the market and undertaking regular CPD
Salary/package: GBP50 - 60K depending on experience. Working Monday - Friday: 9am-5.30pm with 1 hour unpaid lunch break. Consideration will also be given to those needing flexible hours for 'working moms and dads' and part-time working/Semi-Retired.
- 25 days holiday + statutory day
- Company pension
- Surveyors tool kit supplied
- Car allowance
Please apply now!