Community Hub Leader
3 days left
- Full Time
Community Hub Leader
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Oasis is a ground-breaking global movement and group of charities and social enterprises with a history of working in the UK, Africa, Asia, Europe, North and South America.
We create a new sense of neighbourhood in communities that had previously been forgotten by society, and our Community Hub model enables people to come together and fulfil their potential.
We are also raising the educational bar through our academies. A family of 52 educational institutions serving over 28,000 students from a variety of backgrounds, our academies seek to close the educational gap that exists between disadvantaged students and their more privileged counterparts. Our Community Hubs are integral to making this change.
We are currently seeking a Community Hub Leader to join us in Oasis Hub Lister Park, Bradford, on a full-time, permanent basis.
- Salary of £34,192 - £38,493 per annum
- 25 days’ holiday per year (plus bank holidays), rising to 30 days after two years of service
- A non-contributory defined benefit pension scheme with 7% employer contributions
- Flexible working practices which encourage innovation and fresh ideas
- Healthcare Cash Plan Scheme
- Free eye tests
- An online induction and training platform
- A supportive network and friendly team in a motivating working environment
This is a brilliant opportunity for a community development professional with experience of managing the full-project lifecycle to join our vital organisation.
You will discover a rewarding role, where you will be leading us in our mission to empower whole communities, having an immeasurable effect on countless individuals.
We will also ensure that what we give back is tailored to suit your needs and you can receive maximum benefit from our extensive rewards package.
So, if you’re ready to apply your expertise to an organisation that makes a real difference, we can’t wait to hear from you!
As a Community Hub Leader, you will lead the development and growth of our children, Youth and Community work at our Oasis Hub, Lister Park.
Specifically, you will co-ordinate a range of services such as family support, holiday provision, volunteering and youth mentoring as part of our integrated community delivery.
Overseeing the delivery and improvement of our services, you will manage communications, income generation, resource planning and our Monitoring and Evaluation activities.
Additionally, you will:
- Build partnerships with local groups
- Manage the community Hub plan
- Develop an effective and engaged team
To be considered as a Community Hub Leader, you will need:
- Experience of growing projects from the initial start-up phase through to maturity, and delivering projects in a community
- Experience of working with young people and communities
- Experience of strategic management within a school, statutory, voluntary or commercial
- Experience leading a community project or an area of school development
- Experience of competitive bidding and budget management to maximise funding
- Experience of working with numerical data and the ability to produce accurate and detailed statistical analyses and reports
- Working knowledge of MS office
- A degree (or equivalent) and/or a relevant professional qualification in community development or teaching
The closing date for applications is 1st December 2023.
Other organisations may call this role Community Hub Co-ordinator, Community Project Manager, Outreach Manager, Community Development Manager, or Community Project Leader.
Webrecruit and Oasis are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking for a rewarding role as a Community Hub Leader, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.