Sen Teaching Assistant
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of children with Special Educational Needs (SEN)? Do you have experience working with students with Autism and Behavioral needs? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant (SEN TA) at our OFSTED rated GOOD mainstream primary school in Wolverhampton.
As a SEN Teaching Assistant, you will play a vital role in supporting the inclusion and development of students with SEN, ensuring they receive the necessary support to thrive in a mainstream educational setting. Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing one-on-one or small group support to students with SEN, including those with Autism and Behavioral needs.
- Assisting with the planning and delivery of tailored educational activities and interventions.
- Collaborating with teachers and other support staff to create a positive and inclusive learning environment.
- Monitoring and tracking student progress, providing feedback to the SEN Coordinator and teachers.
- Implementing behavior management strategies and supporting students in developing social and emotional skills.
- Building positive relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Preferred Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification (though not required).
- Experience working with students with SEN, particularly Autism and Behavioral needs.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for working with children with SEN.
- The ability to adapt to the changing needs of students and the school environment.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- A supportive and inclusive school community.
- Opportunities for professional development and training.
- The chance to make a meaningful difference in the lives of children with SEN.
If you are a dedicated and compassionate individual with a passion for supporting students with SEN, we encourage you to apply for this rewarding position.
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are interested in this role. Applications should apply via CV Library and we will be in touch regarding the next steps.
We look forward to welcoming a new member to our team who shares our commitment to providing an inclusive and nurturing educational environment for all students. Join us in making a positive impact on the future of our students with SEN.