A fantastic opportunity awaits an experienced Estimator with a leading Civil Engineering and Multi-Utility firm in the picturesque North East of Scotland. They are looking for an Estimator to join thier innovative and expanding team, this position offers stability, as it is a full-time, permanent role.
What We're Looking For in a Estimator:
- Crafting precise, thorough estimates and presenting them in a professional manner
- An excellent grasp of the Construction industry and its exacting standards.
- Proven expertise in first principle costing
- Proficiency with estimating software.
- Tech-savvy and adept with Microsoft's suite of tools.
Estimator Key Responsibilities:
- Articulate and submit tenders.
- Identifying potential hazards, assessing risks, making necessary allowances, and promptly notifying the Senior Estimator/Commercial Director.
- Active participation in Business Generation reviews for submitted tenders.
- Skillfully maintaining and enriching the companies' Evaluate estimating software.
- Collaborating in tender reviews with Contracts/Sites Managers and Quantity Surveyors.
- Playing a role in training and nurturing departmental talent as required.
- Engaging in business development activities and fostering valuable client relationships.
- Providing invaluable assistance to the Quantity Surveyor in the preparation of contract variations.
- Conducting thorough site visits and precise measurements.
- Contributing to the production of tender statistics for in-depth analysis.
- Fostering good relationships with clients and regulatory bodies through effective communication.
- Participating in both internal and external audits as the need arises.
- Striving to meet and exceed the goals set by senior management and reporting on progress.
- Being a steward of positive cash flow within your responsibilities.
- Meeting contractual and tender deadlines while consistently reporting progress.
- Offering valuable input into the commercial evaluation of assigned projects.
- Ensuring the integrity of all generated information.
- Taking charge of pertinent aspects of our Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) management system.
- Collaborating with our QHSE Systems Manager to enhance OH&S performance and bolster compliance throughout the Company.
What this is offering:
- A salary of 40,000 - 60,000pa DOE
- Private health care
- Company Vehicle