Learning & Development Manager
Learning & Development Manager - Construction
Highly Competitive Salary + Benefits
Full Time 37.5 hours – Happy to talk Flexible and Agile Working
Let us say why we believe you should choose Morgan Sindall as the next step in your career.
At Morgan Sindall Construction we encourage diversity of people and thought, and we embrace peoples’ differences.
Everyone is unique and we value the different ideas, experiences, and perspectives that everyone brings to their work, their team and the wider business.
We are committed to ensuring we create the very best place to work in the industry, and an environment where every person feels included and is treated equally, fairly and with respect.
We actively promote an inclusive culture where you can be yourself at work. It’s this approach we believe brings out the best in everyone and creates a fun, dynamic, innovative and rewarding environment.
We are a Real Living Wage Employer and an Investors in People – Platinum company. You’ll work with our teams as an ambassador to promote and influence future generations to our thriving industry and have access to an extensive range of learning and development opportunities on what YOU want, after all it is your future with us.
Why join Morgan Sindall Construction?
When you join Morgan Sindall Construction, you join a team who:
- Maintain a positive reputation through the deliver of exceptional experiences for our customers and stakeholders
- Belong to an organisation that prides itself on its financial stability
- Empower people and divisions to make decisions that support customer needs
- Work with some of the most flexible people policies supporting them in their life outside of work, with policies that suit all types of families, caring responsibilities and commitments
- Welcome diversity and encourage all to build a career in the construction industry
At Morgan Sindall Construction we want to employ the most collaborative and curious to drive our business forward. As a well performing and sustainable business, it’s a strategy that’s working and it can only be strengthened by inviting more to join the team.
As a business we are instinctively inclusive, our workforce is made up of different people, perspectives and backgrounds. Some didn’t anticipate a career in construction, others made a move from another sector. Some have been in construction all their working life but have moved to a role that they didn’t think they would dream of doing.
Whatever their story – they’re all unique and we bet your story is too.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to working in a company where diversity is encouraged, and people’s differences are celebrated our Learning & Development Manager opportunity is a permanent contract with a competitive salary on offer with the additional benefit of a Company Car or Cash Allowance reflecting your Morgan Sindall Benefit Grade.
We strive to support our colleagues to achieve a healthy work-life balance. We understand that many of our people have family and personal responsibilities and so we are committed to providing that support. Here are just some of the benefits you can expect:
Pension Scheme matched up to 6%; 26 days holiday plus bank holidays and rising to 30 days after 8 years’ service and the holiday plus scheme; Private Healthcare Cover; Life Assurance up to 4 times your basic salary; Recognition for professional qualification/membership achieved up to £1000; Mental Wellbeing and Employee Supports; People Portal for high street discounts; Long Service Awards; Sharesave Plan; Incentive Scheme; Enhanced Family leave and more!
What we need from you
Reporting into the Director of Learning and Development you will have responsibility for delivery of the people strategy with specific accountability to diagnose, design, deliver and evaluate specific L&D activities.
The role will be responsible for:
- Leading on the design, development and ongoing development of the Learning Management System
- Identifying continuous improvements to existing learning and development offering
- Evolving and developing the Infinite career workshops
- Designing and delivering resources to promote and support the Behavioural Framework
- Creating ideas and resources to support functions (for example the instinctively inclusive agenda)
- Providing support and challenge to line managers to foster a learning culture across the business and to support them with the development of their teams
- Developing and implementing a mentoring framework
- Supporting future delivery of the early careers and management programmes
The question is, do you want to be involved in creating iconic buildings and using intelligent solutions to deliver bespoke projects to our customers AND be part of the future of construction? Then join our team and start the future, today!
As an equal opportunities and accredited Disability Confident employer, Morgan Sindall Construction is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination based on age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage and welcome suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply. If you require reasonable adjustments during any part of our recruitment process, please get in contact with our team.