Senior Quantity Surveyor
We are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor (M&E) to join our team based at Devonport Dockyard, Plymouth
Location: Devonport Dockyard, Plymouth
Business Area: Natural Resources, Nuclear and Networks - Major Projects
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
We're looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor (M&E) to join our major projects Devonport team, supporting them with the redevelopment of 10 dock at Devonport Dockyard supporting the Royal Navy's submarine maintenance programme.
Your day to day will include:
- Provide commercial input including financial and contractual performance forecasts to the management team. Help ensure the business targets and KPI's are exceeded
- Preparation of monthly cost/ value reports and commercial reports for area, together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
- Physical measurement of works and agreement of same with client and sub-contractors
- Agreement of certification and payment of sub-contractor's accounts against forecasts.
- Ensuring cashflow is maximised including ensuring payments are received on time
What we are looking for?
This role of Senior Quantity Surveyor (M&E) is great for you, if:
- Educated to degree level, or have equivalent experience within a similar role
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office, in particular Excel
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Full valid driving licence
We're all about finding potential here at Kier, and transferrable skills are always welcome! So, even if you don't tick every box, please apply and we can have a chat.
Rewards and benefits
We're proud to be able to offer our brilliant people a wide variety of benefits that you can tailor to your needs. You can see more information of benefits here .
Diversity and inclusion
Making Kier a diverse and inclusive place to work is a huge priority for us. We're proud of the steps we've taken so far, but we know we must always do more. Our employees are key in shaping Kier's diversity and inclusion initiatives and our people have made a huge impact on how we work, by using their experiences to shape our policies. You can see our D&I action plan here .
Due to the nature of this role and the nature of the work at this site, you will be required to complete a Government Security Check (SC) Clearance / Counter Terrorism Check (CTC), which takes place during/before your employment, and is conducted by the Cabinet Office's United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) agency who set out a pre-requisite criteria including residency history. (Applicants with criminal convictions will be treated on a case-by-case basis. We do not discriminate based on an applicant's criminal record or the details of any offences disclosed to us - To read more about our programme to support people with convictions into employment, visit ). This role will also be subject to further pre-employment checks.
We look forward to seeing your application to join the