Diversity and Inclusion Specialist
Permanent – Full Time (would consider part time)
We’re looking for an experienced Diversity and Inclusion Specialist to join our People Team on a permanent basis.
A recognised expert, you will support EDI work across the council, facilitating learning sessions, sharing and promoting good practice and building high levels of engagement.Leading the implementation of inclusive people management practices, you’ll also work with colleagues to develop a culture where all employees understand their role in building a diverse and inclusive organisation.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion with up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation and best practice
- Experienced in a similar role, providing support in equality, diversity and inclusion, with success in driving change and improvements
- Culturally sensitive and aware and able to influence others and build commitment
You will have the opportunity to make a real difference and work with a great and welcoming team. People across all areas of our business are committed, friendly and focused on improving and developing services.Delivering a great employee experience is one of the top priorities of our senior leaders.
We’re flexible with hybrid working, however there will be a requirement to attend meetings in Oxford, around twice monthly.
- Hybrid working
- 28 Days holiday + Public Holidays
- Local government pension scheme
- Subsidised leisure membership
- Employer benefits
Oxford City Council is a leading authority that punches above its weight. Our corporate objectives are to deliver more affordable housing, support thriving communities, enable an inclusive economy and pursue a zero carbon Oxford. We are in the middle of an exciting change and transformation programme to deliver service excellence and value for money. Our people plan is central to our future success and so it’s an exciting time to join us.
Please refer to the full Job Description & Person Specification when completing your application