Kitchen Assistant - Bank
Kitchen Assistant - Bank
Extraordinary lives. Outstanding people.
The life of every resident we proudly care for is extraordinary, rich in history and unique life stories. We are Caring Homes, one of the UK's leading providers of nursing, residential and dementia care. We have 69 homes in beautiful locations nationwide and we're still growing. And we know that genuine care is delivered by passionate people who go above and beyond to help every resident live life to the full.
As a Kitchen Assistant you'll go above and beyond to ensure that any manual or food production tasks are carried out to the highest standard, in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Home. If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, read on. You could have an outstanding future with us.
About the role
You'll play an important role, fetching, carrying and performing other tasks in the kitchen, and prepare and clear the tables in the dining room to ensure that residents have a clean and pleasant environment to dine in. In return you'll work in a stunning location, as part of one team of dedicated people, who love what they do. And with first class training and development opportunities and an exceptional and extensive benefits package, this is a great opportunity for the right person.
The skills you'll need
You'll need to balance passion for the role with genuine care for every resident. You'll be a hardworking team player with great attention to detail and pride yourself on performing tasks to the highest standard. You'll have a focus on health and safety, an understanding of the kitchen environment, even if you haven't worked in one. You'll definitely have a desire to help your team and every resident at all times. And you'll be respected for your kindness, compassion and work ethic.
Above and beyond
Every resident, and their family, deserves the very best care. And everyone who works here goes above and beyond to deliver it every day. And with a focus on nutrition and tailored meals, you'll play such an important role in supporting the Chef manager and the kitchen team to deliver a fantastic experience for our residents. You'll know the importance of cleanliness in the kitchen. And this attention to detail when performing the simplest of tasks - like washing pots and pans - is a must-have for this role. In return we'll go above and beyond for you. Giving you the induction you need to get up to speed and the ongoing training to give you an outstanding future. And as a business that specialises in dementia care, everyone who works here is offered our award-winning dementia training.
About the Home
- Residential ,Nursing, Dementia and Pallitive Care
- Hillview Care Home , Sauchie, Alloa
- Bank Contract
- Salary: GBP9.40
Exceptional benefits package
- Ongoing and continuous career development and succession planning
- Excellent on-going training from day one and throughout your career
- Salary scales and progression with internal promotions available, we are a large organisation!
- Professional subscriptions reimbursed where essential for role
- Long service awards
- Recognition programme
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to GBP1000)
- Excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme, confidential telephone counselling and legal advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year & a Health & Wellbeing portal
- Wagestream - this enables you to keep track of your earnings, have instant access to 40% of wages already earned and access guidance to help with financial wellbeing
- Employee discount scheme
- Discounted reloadable cards and high street vouchers
- e-vouchers, access instant savings on your mobile device
- Holiday discounts & days out with discounts up to 60%
- Cinema benefits with discounts up to 40%
- Blue Light Discount Card
- Free or subsidised meals, depending on location
If you have a genuine passion for people and pride yourself in going above and beyond for people who need a little extra help and hope, your outstanding future at Caring Homes could be moments away. Apply now by clicking on the link.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.