Digital Editor x 2
Digital Editor x 2
12-month FTC / Secondment
London Office Base with Hybrid Working
There may be the possibility of extension or a future permanent contract.
"MaPS (Money and Pensions Service) - a leader in financial wellbeing, have 2 urgent 12 month contracts for Digital Editors to join their growing content team. You will be working for the money guidance area of the service, helping UK consumers find a way forward to manage their money in uncertain times or when they're facing major life events, supporting them to become more financially capable and confident about their situation.
If you are a passionate writer with a natural flair for a journalistic style of writing, this team could offer you the chance to articulate complex material that will help and assist our customers.
The UK is currently in a turbulent and everchanging financial landscape; cost of living, welfare and benefits demand and consumer borrowing is on the increase. Come and help the UK navigate this tricky journey ahead."
Our Digital Editors will contribute to the wider work of the MaPS Digital Content Team, working as part of the project team set up to deliver the consumer guidance transformation programme, creating content for multiple digital channels, including our MoneyHelper website.
As the Digital Editor, you will be responsible for the following:
- Crafting compelling copy across multi-channels in an authentic voice that resonates with our target audience, driving actions, engagement, link-sharing and click-through to ultimately change customer behaviour towards increased financial capability and confidence.
- Work effectively with colleagues and Strategy partners, stakeholders, project teams and advocates to plan activities and develop content to ensure high levels of support, engagement and action from target audiences.
- Contribute towards supporting appropriate social media opportunities such as on-line discussion forums, blogs and establishing conversations for the organisation that progress the aims of the service strategy.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in financial capability and money management and sharing knowledge with wider teams to improve consumer guidance.
- Work with other digital team members such as UX / UI and product teams to ensure that the website design and operation reflects the brand and ensuring that all tools, design activity and templates meet usability testing and relevant brand standards.
It is essential for our Digital Editors to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Can demonstrate an excellent journalistic style of writing, strong editorial judgment and the ability to convey a complex message in a concise way across all digital platforms.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Have an appreciation of different community behaviours and points of interest across digital platforms and ability to monitor and identify hot button issues and suggest and implement tactical solutions.
- A deep understanding of content design and customer journey mapping principles.
- Solid experience of web technologies, current trends and web standards.
- Experience of Search engine optimisation (SEO), Google analytics/AEM analytics and social media monitoring tools.
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring accuracy at all times and proven ability to search optimise own and others' copy.
- An understanding of financial capability and the part it plays in improving people's ability to manage their money day to day and in the long term.
- Good knowledge of financial topics, how they affect consumers and an alertness to broader issues in the media and political arena that might have financial implications for consumers.
Working for MaPS:
At the heart of the Money and Pensions Service are our values - caring, connecting and transforming, which are the foundation of our success. They permeate every area of our work and define all our business relationships and the way we work with each other. We're not only looking for the best people to come and work for us, but we need people who align themselves to our values.
Caring. We care about our colleagues and people whose lives we are here to transform.
Connecting. We will transform lives through our ability to make positive connections.
Transforming. We are committed to transforming lives and make a positive societal impact.
We help people - particularly those most in need - to improve their financial wellbeing and build a better, more confident future. Working collaboratively across the UK, we make sure customers can access high-quality money and pensions guidance and debt advice throughout their lives, however and whenever they need it.
By fostering our values, we are very proud of the inclusive working environment that we have created. We are committed to attracting people of all backgrounds, we want our colleagues to reflect our customers and the people we assist.
What Money and Pensions Service can offer you?
- Generous Annual Leave - 30 days plus Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme - contributions matched 2 to 1 (up to 10% of your salary)
- Interest-free loan to help you buy season tickets for buses and trains
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Subsidised eye test & flu jabs
- Life assurance scheme
- Give as you earn scheme
- Employee assistance programme (EAP)
- PAM Assist and PAM Life scheme (Wellbeing)
- Enhanced family and sick pay
- Paid volunteering (2 days a year)
- Recognition Scheme
- Discounts portal to numerous retailers
Job Reference: MAPS00170
Close Date - 03.07.2022