Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Job Title: Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer
Shift: 40Hrs Monday to Friday with a rota for 1 in 3 on-call
As our new Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer you will provide first class customer support to the Operations team. This is achieved by performing Preventive Maintenance activities, responding effectively to breakdowns, monitoring equipment performance and providing valuable input to help maintain process yields and efficiencies.
You'll be responsible for:
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance utilising agreed schedule
- Carry out reactive maintenance as required
- Order and maintain a stock of mill spares, along with sourcing parts and other spares in a cost effective manner
- Ensure that the achievement of food safety is always a priority
- Quick resolution to plant breakdowns, faults, leaks etc.
- Work in conjunction with the Engineering Manager to contribute to 5-year Capital plan, identifying productivity and
- equipment energy and efficiency improvements
What we're looking for:
- Apprenticeship trained, HNC (or equivalent) Multi-Skilled Engineer with Electrical bias.
- Experience of planned maintenance systems, preferably within the Food industry.
- Good H&S knowledge in legislation and application (IOSH qualification, desirable)
- A person willing to go the extra mile to ensure works are completed safely and robustly
We are changing the future of British food and farming for the better.
ABN is the UK's number one animal feed business, serving pig and poultry producers all across the UK. These range from large corporate customers through to family owned farm enterprises. We service these customers with feed, nutrition, advice and related services.
We're part of the AB Agri community of leading animal nutrition products and services businesses. Bring your talents to ABN and play your part in producing affordable, high quality and responsible food for the growing global population.
In ABN, we have a common set of inspirational behaviours that we all try to live day in, day out. Our Winning Ways of Responsible, Inquisitive, Brave and Inclusive will help us deliver our ambitious goals.
We are a growing, innovative business and we value diversity and different ways of thinking to keep moving us forward. We're an equal opportunity employer, assuring equal treatment to all. We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people.
We are united by our family values that represent who we are, how we work together and how we help our customers.
- Pioneering - Curious, spirited and bold. We lead, the right way.
- Excellence - We seek excellence in all that we do.
- Growth - We create ways for our people and customers to thrive.
We are part of Associated British Foods (ABF), a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group.
Making your application
Ready to apply? Great! Simply register your details and upload your CV via our careers website - it usually takes just a few minutes. Please do not delay making your application. In the event of a high candidate response to this vacancy we may close the application period before the date shown and without notice.
So that we can support you to perform at your best, please let us know of any adjustments that may be required throughout the recruitment process by letting our recruitment team know.
As part of your application we ask you to answer some equal opportunities questions that help us to monitor how inclusive our recruitment process is and identify areas we can improve in. This information is anonymised, separate from your application and is never seen by the hiring panel. You can choose not to answer these questions with no impact on your application.
AB Agri group politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We have a PSL and do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.