Children and Families Practitioner
Salary: circa GBP22,00 per annum
Perks: Annual leave of 29 days, plus public holidays, flexible maternity, adoption and paternity packages, annual staff awards, up to 7% employer contribution pension scheme, employee discount portal with all your favourite brands, check out more on our career's portal.
Contract/Hours: Fixed Term Contract until 31 st March 2023 (with possible extension) - Full-Time - 37 hours per week over 52 weeks. Part-time hours will also be considered.
Core hours are Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm but this will require a flexible and responsive approach and will involve working out of usual office hours when required.
Location: Glasgow, Lanarkshire.
Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 3 rd July
If we receive a high number of applications, we may need to close earlier than advertised so get your application in quickly!
We're thrilled that you're considering a career with Action for Children so here's what you need to know???.
At Action for Children, we believe that every child should have a safe and happy childhood. Last year, we helped more than 600,000 children and families across the UK. We work to ensure their voices are heard and we campaign to bring lasting change to their lives.
What you'll be doing:
Our Pupil Equity Fund service in Glasgow seeks to work collaboratively with primary & secondary schools and other agencies to design and deliver impactful services, activities and support to meet the needs of individual pupils and families within schools, at home, and the local community. To achieve this, we will work with schools and other agencies to understand their priorities and needs within their school, home and local community and put in place the right interventions that will make a real difference. This is a vital part of our work.
Action for Children are working collaboratively with several primary schools in the Northwest of Glasgow to recruit Children & Family Support Practitioners (full-time and part-time posts available) who will become part of the AFC and school team. The Scottish government has funded this initiative to deliver impactful support to children and families within the school, at home and in the wider community that will improve engagement and ultimately improve educational attainment for pupils.
The key to our approach is the establishment of effective partnership working with school staff, pupils, families, and relevant agencies to agree and implement interventions that will help achieve agreed outcomes for all concerned.
You'll do this by:
- Agreeing and implementing a plan of support for each child, young person/family.
- Provision of individual support to children/young people to help them engage better with school and other agencies to support improved educational engagement and attainment.
- Provision of family support to parents/carers around agreed priority areas e.g. boundaries, routines, support to make and attend appointments, practical support i.e. housing, finances etc
- Provision of accredited parenting programs within the family home (training can be provided)
- Provision of school-based group work programs and 1:1 sessions focusing on emotional wellbeing, confidence & self-esteem, friendships, transition etc
What we need from you:
- HNC in Social Care/SVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- Experience of working directly with children/young people and families, either individually or in a group setting.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- The ability to maintain written records to a high standard.
- The ability to coordinate referral, assessment and support planning.
Working here is so much more than a job. It's an investment of time to truly make a difference to the lives of vulnerable children, young people, and families across the UK.
We work together to reach our vision of safe and happy childhoods. Given this and our ongoing commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, we encourage applications from everyone.
We value and celebrate the diversity of those that work with us and as an inclusive workplace we want all our current and future staff to feel able to be themselves in the workplace.
If you're interested in finding out more, click apply and visit our careers portal for more information.
Interviews are provisionally scheduled for week commencing 11 th July
If, for any reason, you need support with your application, please contact Laura McCarthy on . We'll be happy to give you any support you require.
If you want to get to know us a little better, check out our socials on Twitter , LinkedIn , Facebook or YouTube .