Learning Support Assistants & Workers (SEN) for September 2022
Role: New Opportunites for September! Learning Support Assistants requiredLocation: CambridgePay: GBP10-GBP13p/h or up to GBP24000Duration: Temporary and Permanent
Have you been considering a career change to one that is more emotionally rewarding, with a real sense of helping others to achieve?
Reed Further Education are supporting numerous clients with the recruitment of supported learning candidates in preparation for the new academic year in September. We are seeking Learning Support Assistants for both 1-2-1 and small group set-ups within FE Colleges to support learners with SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities).
If you have previously worked within educational settings, FE, coaching, mentoring, sports activities, summer camps, tutoring, NHS, care or youth work then we'd really like to hear from you. Alternatively, if you have always enjoyed helping others and are interested to find more out regarding the progression of young adults, then we'd love to be able to tell you more about this role.
What the role of a Learning Support Assistant will involve?
- To provide one-to-one support and supervision of students with special education needs/learning difficulties and disabilities within the classroom
- To encourage the learners to excel to reach their full academic potential
- To support learners with their literacy and numeracy
- To create, monitor and review SMART targets
- To manage challenging behaviour, where necessary
- To maintain accurate records of learners' progress
What the Learning Support Assistant will need:
- English and Maths at grade A-C or above
- Positive approach to working with children and the ability to motivate, inspire and build rapport
- Strong regard for student safety and well-being
- Reading, writing and numeracy skills
- DBS child and adult workforce on the update service (we can apply for this on your behalf)
- A good knowledge of Safeguarding (we can offer free online training)
What we can offer you and the benefits of working for Reed Further Education:When you work with Reed Further Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
- Access to pension scheme
- Weekly Pay for all candidates
- Continual Professional Development
- Dedicated and fully trained consultants, here to promote and develop our teams
- Long term and permanent vacancy focus
Reed Further Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.