Edinburgh - Remote working
Parity Group is delighted to announce we are partnering with an established public sector client who needs a Finance Officer to join their team for a fixed term of 6 months.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Finance professional to come into an established organisation and share their skills and knowledge with the team. The role will involve supporting the Finance Manager and Senior Finance Manager with delivering effective finance functions and providing the department with professional advice, guidance, and support.
A bit about what you'll be doing:
- Responsible for the smooth running of day-to-day financial operations, managing workload and priorities, and ensuring that the 10-day payment performance targets are met
- Identifying and resolving issues, contacting internal and external customers, and employing judgment and financial knowledge to identify errors
- Carrying out control and quality assurance procedures over financial transactions
- Identifying MIS-posted items, performing monthly suspense account reconciliations and weekly payment analysis on various income sources
- Processing daily financial transactions, using judgment and financial experience to review financial coding, and challenging supporting evidence to protect the integrity of financial records
- Responsible for ensuring customer invoices are raised based on requests from internal stakeholders and working on own initiative to identify unpaid invoices and contact customers to pursue late payments as required
- Identifying inefficiencies and potential improvements in financial transactions
- Excellent administration and organisation skills
- Experience in prioritising and managing a varied workload to meet deadlines effectively
- Experience with IT packages such as Word, Excel, and Outlook and financial applications gained in a similar role
- Motivated and well organised with a proven track record of working efficiently as part of a team and when using own initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with confidence in engaging with a target audience.
Candidates are also required to have a current Disclosure Scotland Certificate and BPSS clearance to be considered for this role.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please email me your CV or apply directly.
Parity - Better Decisions: Better People
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.
We welcome applications from all sections of society and applicants will be considered on the basis of their suitability for the position