UX Designer - Outside IR35 - Hybrid/Edinburgh
UX DESIGNER - OUTSIDE IR35 - HYBRID/EDINBURGH
Loriens client is looking for an experienced UX Designer to join their team for an initial 9 months.
The successful candidate will sit within the Change Team and support projects a different stages. The initial focus for this role will be supporting a project moving from a paper based to an online application journey.
You will lead the UX strategy, design and testing for this project, ensuring that user centred design is at the very core of the services provided. You will also;
- Design and create prototypes to meet user needs
- Design and conduct usability tests with users on product prototypes
- Work closely with Project Manager, Developers and Product Owner to produce iterative designs based on user feedback and constraints, including the creation of wireframes, mood boards etc
- Facilitate the inclusion of different types of users in appropriate UX/user research activities.
- Support accessibility, assisted digital, and inclusive design practices and help teams design and deliver accessible services that work for all users.
- Support teams to continually improve their understanding of and engagement with users.
- Run appropriate sense-making and validation exercises to ensure research is robust and accurately uncovers user needs.
- Provide actionable insights to support design decision making.
- Extensive field experience in undertaking high quality UX analysis and testing.
- Experience in prototyping with users.
- Experience of interaction design.
- Knowledge and understanding of inclusive and ethical research methods.
- Analysis and Synthesis: Expert in objective validation and sense making of data to elicit reliable findings and insights
- Strategic insight: Proven ability to work within strategic context and align effort towards overarching corporate goals.
- Technical understanding: Must have a sound understanding of technology landscape and familiar with common digital and IT tools.
- User Centred and Agile Delivery: Must have proven experience and expertise in both User Centred Design and Agile methodology
Please note: Our client is currently operating a hybrid working pattern and team members are expected to be in the Edinburgh office at least one day per week
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age