Training and business support assistant
Salary: GBP20,188 - GBP21,188
Hours: While we are ideally looking for full-time (37.5hrs), we would also negotiate part-time hours (across 5 days) for the right candidate.
Location: There is flexibility as to whether the post is mainly office-based or mainly home-based, but the post holder will be expected to work from the Nottingham office at least one day per week
Overview: We are currently seeking an enthusiastic individual to work in a varied role as part of our small team. As Training and Business Support Assistant, you will be given full support and training to enable you to be involved in many aspects of the organisation's activities. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking for an all-round office role.
Natspec is a membership association for organisations offering specialist further education and training for students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities. Our vision is that all young people with learning difficulties or disabilities can access high quality education and training, which meets their individual needs and supports their aspirations for skills, work and life. Natspec Transform is a specialist CPD and support service that includes online and face-to-face training, events, resources, consultancy support, advisory visits, and webinars.
Please see our website for further details of our activities.
The primary purpose of this post is to support the organisation and development of training, consultancy and CPD events within the Natspec Transform service, and to co-ordinate delivery and implementation. The post holder will also have a responsibility to undertake general business support activities across other Natspec work areas, including member services, policy, PR and comms, and the TechAbility service.
- Using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook to create, edit and produce quality documents / information
- Proactively monitoring and collating data from several sources (training registration and attendance data, expressions of interest, YouTube data, survey data, emails) in order to inform forward planning
- Develop and maintain a range of effective and efficient information management systems to support team members
- Supporting online events to run polls / breakout rooms / provide assistance to facilitator
- Maintain good knowledge of the Transform training package to ensure excellent standards of communication about the service to delegates and potential delegates
- Working with the Transform Manager and Communications Officer, make appropriate decisions on what needs to be promoted in briefings, e-newsletters and on social media
- Working with the Transform Manager, ensure all Natspec associates and trainers are confident in their use of online training systems
- Accurately and efficiently co-ordinate all Transform event administration (e.g. creating delegate lists, setting up virtual events, sending pre- and post-event information, using SurveyMonkey and Zoom to create surveys and attendee reports)
- Support the Office and Business Support Manager in improving data quality, functionality and team usage of the CRM database
- Provide cover for the Office and Business Support Manager during times of leave, including monitoring the general inbox
- Be available as the main on-call staff member to support online training and networks across Natspec in case of emergencies, organising on-call cover during times of absence
- Assist the wider team during larger-scale events, both online and in-person, as required, including the annual conference, principals' forum, TechAbility Conference and online Peer Exchange week
- Assist the TechAbility team with aspects of event administration (post-event emails, accurate recording of delegate fees) and project delivery as required
- Develop knowledge and understanding of member concerns by attending member events and undertaking occasional visits to member colleges and developing relationships with staff
- Monitoring the training inbox, producing and responding to emails, signposting where appropriate
- Other administrative duties to support the wider team, as required
- Previous administration experience required
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload and complete tasks in the time required
- Attention to detail - taking care to ensure work is accurate
- Good communication skills - able to listen, respond and gather information
- Quick to learn with a positive attitude
- Proactive approach, uses initiative to take appropriately tasks forward once trained
- Collaborative approach to work; team player
- Friendly, reliable, and trustworthy
- Ability to organise and run online meetings on platforms such as Zoom and MS Teams is desirable
- Grades A*-D/9-3 GCSE, or equivalent, in English and maths preferred.
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter by Thursday 26 May.
You must send a cover letter to be considered for this role. The cover letter should set out why you are interested in this job, what attracts you to Natspec in particular, and must give examples of how you have met the job description and person specification in current or previous roles.
Practice-based interviews will be held for successful applicants. Further details to be confirmed in interview offer emails.