Machine Maintenance Technician x 2
Job Title: Automated Welding/CNC Machine Maintenance Technician
Location: Rosyth, Fife, GB, KY11 2YD
Compensation: GBP31,534-GBP37,413 plus Benefits
Role Type: Permanent
Job ID: 41992
As a Machine Maintenance Technician this is your opportunity to make a real impact within the defence industry, working closely with important sectors such as the marines. You'll be part of a huge operation and be asked to proactively maintain and repair machinery to ensure efficiency, support customers coordinating their maintenance packages to suit production needs and focus on the constant improvement and reliability of these key machines, upholding your highest standard of work throughout.
Here at Babcock International Group in Rosyth we aim to deliver engineering-led and world-leading products and services across our Engineering, Specialised Manufacturing, Gas Handling Systems and Naval Marine business streams.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Machine Maintenance Technician who has a technical background with a growth mind-set, having a blend of mechanical and electrical engineering. You'll ideally have experience working with CNC machines, be confident and competent carrying out maintenance and installation of large production machinery, be able to hold conversations with important stakeholders and take great pride in every aspect of your working day. You must be eligible to achieve the relevant security clearance required.
What will you be doing?
As a Machine Maintenance Technician, you'll be given the autonomy and support to drive our innovation forward and play a vital role in:
• Carry out all planned maintenance on allocated plant & machinery
• Ensure all systems are working efficiently as possible
• Carry out all repair and installation activities and resolve any issues
• Regular interactions and activities with the production teams, identifying opportunities to maximise operational up-time of plant and equipment
• Ensure Legislative Compliance for the site namely PUWER, within area of responsibility
• Leads by example and acts with integrity, recognises and acknowledges the behaviours and achievements of the team or individuals
The experience you'll bring
As a Machine Maintenance Technician you will bring with you a blend of technical experience in mechanical and electrical engineering and have the following skills & experience:
• Academic Qualification to at least ONC/HNC level in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
• IOSH or relevant equivalent.
• Extensive knowledge of CNC plant and equipment
• Good working knowledge of Electrical, PLC and Hydraulic systems as well as understanding the technical aspects of Machine controls, Drives, Mechanics, Hydraulics electrical systems
• Experience of Renishaw ball bar & Renishaw sub routines essential
What a role with Babcock offers?
• Generous holiday entitlement
• Pension Plan
• Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
• A tailored personal development and training programme.
• Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.